Stereophile reviews Transient & VDC-5!

CIAudio

Stereophile reviews Transient & VDC-5!
« on: 16 Feb 2014, 06:08 am »
The new March issue of Stereophile Magazine has a nice review of Transient/VDC-5 MKII  :D

dminches

Re: Stereophile reviews Transient & VDC-5!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm »
Congrats, Dusty.  I read the article the other day and thought it was very positive.  I wish they would have also given it accolades for being a great USB > S/PDIF converter.

CIAudio

Re: Stereophile reviews Transient & VDC-5!
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2014, 08:31 pm »
Congrats, Dusty.  I read the article the other day and thought it was very positive.  I wish they would have also given it accolades for being a great USB > S/PDIF converter.

Thanks David... I wish they would have too, as it has SOTA performance as a USB > s/pdif converter.
If you read between the lines, they did say they found no difference between direct USB to the Benchmark vs Transient s/pdif to the same. This is a good indicator... USB direct should be better as it's fed I2S directly to the chip rather than encoded to s/pdif, then decoded back to I2S. For them to sound the same means our USB > s/pdif is pretty damn good  :lol:

It compared well to the Benchmark but at half the price (with power supply), and even less running stand-alone.
They also didn't compare the Warranty, ours is 5 years... Benchmark only 1 year.
Overall... a good review.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2014, 10:13 pm by CIAudio »

CIAudio