T.H.E. Show Newport Beach, June 3-5, 2016

ServerAdmin

T.H.E. Show Newport Beach, June 3-5, 2016
« on: 26 Mar 2016, 06:36 am »
1) T.H.E. Show Newport Beach
2) Newport Beach/Irvine California
3) June 3-5, 2016
4) http://theshownewport.com/

Rooms at the Hotel now available as well as tickets.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Re: T.H.E. Show Newport Beach, June 3-5, 2016
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2016, 04:53 pm »
For those attending NEWPORT, a special invitation for you!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2016, 06:09 pm »
Are you going to be there Pete?

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2016, 07:40 pm »
Are you going to be there Pete?

Absolutely! I look forward to seeing you, Hugh! Perhaps we can get some pho!

Cheers,
Pete

dflee

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2016, 07:42 pm »
Libations will be served. Glad your not discriminating against them and what about the rest of us and are you just serving them.
Who are these Libations anyway?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2016, 09:35 pm »
Absolutely! I look forward to seeing you, Hugh! Perhaps we can get some pho!

Cheers,
Pete

DONE. :)

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2016, 01:14 pm »
Libations will be served. Glad your not discriminating against them and what about the rest of us and are you just serving them.
Who are these Libations anyway?

WIT beer for you, Nit!

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2016, 02:32 am »
My day job has kept me away for a while but I'm pumped to be doing THE Show Newport with Hugh.  I look forward to seeing everybody again.

willsw

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2016, 06:44 am »
We (Linear Tube Audio) will be there with our ZOTL40 power amp (the production version that had its one day of glory at last year's RMAF), MicroZOTL2.0 as preamp, Vapor Audio Derechos, Resonnesence Labs, and a roomful of other fine folks in room 208. We'll also have a booth in the Marketplace for headphone listening. We'll also have a ZOTL10 if anyone wants to hear that one when there's time. Looking forward to our first Newport!

misterphoneman

« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2016, 09:40 am »
Any advice for a first timer looking to come out with a great deal on a demo pair of really nice studio monitors and perhaps a sub?

Gopher

« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2016, 11:21 am »

Come see us.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2016, 02:44 pm »
Any advice for a first timer looking to come out with a great deal on a demo pair of really nice studio monitors and perhaps a sub?
Have a good idea of what you want and don't be afraid to ask the Vendor's if they are willing to sell the Demo pair even if it is not advertised (some of the rooms will have "Show Specials" on speakers or signs that their Demo gear is for sale). Usually have to pick those up late Sunday.

Sometimes the Demos get claimed very quickly which is why I say you should have an idea of what you want (size/brand/cost/etc) beforehand. Visit those rooms early and ASK.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2016, 03:56 pm »
Have a good idea of what you want and don't be afraid to ask the Vendor's if they are willing to sell the Demo pair even if it is not advertised (some of the rooms will have "Show Specials" on speakers or signs that their Demo gear is for sale). Usually have to pick those up late Sunday.

Sometimes the Demos get claimed very quickly which is why I say you should have an idea of what you want (size/brand/cost/etc) beforehand. Visit those rooms early and ASK.

What he said.

Incidentally, we may also bring our Trinity monitor speakers down for display.

misterphoneman

« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2016, 06:56 pm »
Very good, thanks for the advice!

Clio09

« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2016, 07:44 pm »
Music Reference will be at the show this year in room 402 featuring some new components including ESL Speaker system and AirSpring subwoofer system. Also, I am told an RM-300 prototype may be on display and the system will feature an RM-9 Special addition. RAM Tubes and Emission Lab tubes will be available for sale.

Libations may or may not be available but Mr. RAM himself will be in attendance and there may be some lectures in the room on speaker and amplifier design during the exhibit hours.

misterphoneman

« Reply #15 on: 1 Jun 2016, 05:38 am »
Hey last question, is credit cards generally accepted for these transactions or do you guys prefer other methods of payment?

Gopher

« Reply #16 on: 1 Jun 2016, 11:28 am »
Cash tends to be king for deals at shows, but I suspect at a minimum that most vendors would accommodate you with a PayPal transaction.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #17 on: 1 Jun 2016, 11:31 am »
Cash tends to be king for deals at shows, but I suspect at a minimum that most vendors would accommodate you with a PayPal transaction.
My experience as well. A handful of cash as vendors are starting to disconnect everything and ponder loading up and shipping a bunch of stuff back home can be a very good thing....

misterphoneman

« Reply #18 on: 1 Jun 2016, 11:53 am »
My experience as well. A handful of cash as vendors are starting to disconnect everything and ponder loading up and shipping a bunch of stuff back home can be a very good thing....

Well that was my initial thinking which was to wait until the last day and see if I could catch someone packing up just like you recommend but then I also heard to the contrary that things get snatched up early so I would be better advised to make a deal on the first day.  Now I'm a bit torn  :scratch:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #19 on: 1 Jun 2016, 12:34 pm »
Well that was my initial thinking which was to wait until the last day and see if I could catch someone packing up just like you recommend but then I also heard to the contrary that things get snatched up early so I would be better advised to make a deal on the first day.  Now I'm a bit torn  :scratch:
Both scenarios are absolutely true. I guess the question you gotta ask yourself:

Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya?

You're taking a gamble by waiting. You could lose out on what you really want at a reasonable discount, or you could miss out on a better deal. Flip a coin.