Capitol Audiofest 2015

Phil A

Re: Capitol Audiofest 2015
« Reply #20 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm »
More GT

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:02 pm »
Friday is a bit quieter than the weekend so I spend some time catching up and listening just to a few things

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #22 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm »
I'm still recovering from surgery so won't be able to make it.
Could you give a review of the GT planars?

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #23 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:12 pm »

I stopped in to say hey to Rich a few minutes ago.  First blush is darn good.  I'm going to do an actual demo tomorrow.  Anything you want to know in particular?  I'll have the info up after the reboot.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #24 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:19 pm »
Yes, how well does the built-in sub integrate to the rest of the panel (does it call attention to itself), if the sub is disconnected how does the rest of the panel sound (how much does the sub contribute to the overall sound), I don't believe this has a ribbon tweeter so how is the high end, how large is the soundstage and how would you say it compares to the other planar speakers? 
That's what I'd be interested in. 
Most of the planar owners have Magnepans and this is priced right around the 3.7i so that would be the main competition.
P.S.
I'm going off of the assumption this has a built-in subwoofer with a Class D plate amp.

Phil A

« Reply #25 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:20 pm »

Hard to type (for me) on the iPhone (did not bring the laptop or iPad mini). They did sound really good. Had lunch with Rich Hollis (and others) and got to talk to him about the DAC/DSP before hearing it. Very impressive bottom end (and I brought some good demo tracks).

Also leaving for dinner in a couple of minutes with a bunch of attendees and manufacturers

KLH007

« Reply #26 on: 30 Sep 2015, 05:31 pm »
The room with Rich's MS-3 and DSP/DAC, along with Greg Takesh's GTA 2.5 speakers has a video review by Peter of AV Showrooms,  http://www.avshowrooms.com/Cap_Fest_2015_Vids_2.html       At 5:46 and 7:25 Peter has some remarkable comments about the sound and value of the system, Congratulations to Rich Hollis and Greg Takesh on an Award winning room at 2015 CAF!

KLH007

« Reply #27 on: 17 Feb 2016, 05:39 pm »
Gary Gill is hosting a Mini CAF in Rockville, MD Saturday March 5th, AQUA DAC, GTAW GTA 2.5 speakers, NuPrime ST-10 SE amp, Wells majestic Integrated amp, Clones, Hi Diamond cabling, Robson speakers, and Core Power Technologies AC conditioning. RSVP to capitalaudiofest@gmail.com to reserve a spot and get directions.
      The natural sounding AQUA DACs are worth the trip, and the GTA 2.5 speakers ( Gold Award winners from AV Showrooms at 2015 CAF ) will be playing for all who haven't heard them in person. The very cost effective NuPrime DAC/Amps, Wells amps, and Hi Diamond cables complete the systems. The very affordable Core Power Technologies AC conditioners will also be in the systems.