Linked Events

• Capitol Audiofest 2015: 28 Aug 2015 - 30 Aug 2015

Capitol Audiofest 2015

ServerAdmin

Capitol Audiofest 2015
« on: 21 Jun 2015, 04:51 am »
Capitol Audiofest 2015, August 28 thru 30.   Hilton Hotel Twinbrook, Rockville, MD.

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Capitol Audiofest 2015
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2015, 01:38 am »
Hollis Audio Labs will be demoing the MS-3 Music Server and dspMusik DSP DAC in the GT Audio Works room 404 at CAF for digital HiRez file replay.

Hope to see folks at the room.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2015, 02:00 pm »
We are making arrangement for the Audio Circle signature 36oz cowboy, bone-in ribeye steaks at http://www.nickschophouserockville.com/.  Friday 7PM.

Klaus, Alex, Phil, Steve, Bunky and I are committed.  Please let me know if you want to join in.  It's always a hoot.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2015, 05:10 pm »
All,

It is official now, we'll be at Capital Audio Fest 2015 - ROOM 415 !!!

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

Hope to see you there!

Vinnie

Getting ready for Capital Audio Fest!  I hope to see some AC'ers there!  Stop over in Room 415, bring music (CD, LP, USB stick...)
and enjoy!

See you there,

Vinnie

DTB300

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2015, 08:57 pm »
Hollis Audio Labs will be demoing the MS-3 Music Server and dspMusik DSP DAC in the GT Audio Works room 404 at CAF for digital HiRez file replay.
Excellent as I will be sure to stop by and hear/talk about your DAC

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2015, 09:00 pm »
Be sure to stop by and check out LampizatOr's exhibit!

In the Monroe room we will have our universally praised Big 7 as we team up with Salk Audio, Wells Audio Danacables and Gingko audio to deliver what promises to be a knock out room.

In addition we will have our beloved Level 4 DAC teamed with Wells' new headphone amplifier and Danacables wiring.   This is a must hear for the headphone crowd!

Scottdazzle

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2015, 12:09 am »
ModWright, Daedalus, VPI, and WyWires will be showing and playing more exciting new models than ever before.  ModWright will have its new SET amp and anniversary edition of the SWLP9 preamp.  Daedalus is bringing the new Poseidon speaker and the most advanced Athenas.  VPI is bringing the magnetic drive Avenger, and WyWires has its best cables ever, the Diamonds.

Come by the Randolph room and room 309 for some great music!

Scottdazzle

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2015, 12:10 am »
ModWright, Daedalus, VPI, and WyWires will be showing and playing more exciting new models than ever before.  ModWright will have its new SET amp and anniversary edition of the SWLP9 preamp.  Daedalus is bringing the new Poseidon speaker and the most advanced Athenas.  VPI is bringing the magnetic drive Avenger, and WyWires has its best cables ever, the Diamonds.

Come by the Randolph room and room 309 for some great music,

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2015, 12:35 am »
Don't forget to come by to Room 315 to hear the great BorderPatrol gear & Living Voice speakers with my entire TWL cable loom. Come thirsty since we'll have plenty of libations on hand with TWL Can Koozies to keep your hands dry & your beverage cold!

... and please head-up to Room 405 in the Triode Wire Labs / Sound Insight room for some Pass Labs, Coincident, Esoteric, BG Radia & SI servo subwoofers musical enjoyment, again with my TWL full cable loom...

While your on the 4th floor, the TWL cable loom will in the Volti Audio Room 401 with the super dynamic Vittora speaker system!

... and last, but not least, please visit the artisan Emia Room 421 with Dave Slagle & company, featuring TWL power cables...

Should be a blast!

Cheers,
Pete

Scottdazzle

« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2015, 12:42 am »
Pete, we're gonna be neighbors! Can't wait to visit with you guys!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #10 on: 26 Aug 2015, 12:47 am »
Pete, we're gonna be neighbors! Can't wait to visit with you guys!

Come thirsty, my friend!

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #11 on: 28 Aug 2015, 07:49 pm »
As CapFest doesn't have a dedicated circle, I can't start a thread in the general Audio Shows circle.  I would like to post pictures and impressions of my time at this show.  Would it be okay to start filling up this thread or is there a better way to do this without the info getting all mixed up?

charmerci

« Reply #12 on: 28 Aug 2015, 08:14 pm »
As CapFest doesn't have a dedicated circle, I can't start a thread in the general Audio Shows circle.  I would like to post pictures and impressions of my time at this show.  Would it be okay to start filling up this thread or is there a better way to do this without the info getting all mixed up?

You've got about three hours before this site shuts down until sometime on Sept 1st.

Don_S

« Reply #13 on: 28 Aug 2015, 08:48 pm »

Jonathon,

Pictures would be much appreciated.  :thumb: I suggest starting a new thread with pictures in the title and invite other attendees to post also.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #14 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:14 pm »
Don, that's the issue.  I can't start a thread in this circle, and CAF doesn't have its own circle to post threads in.  Any help/ideas from the facilitators?  I've got nine rooms down, probably get another one or two tonight, then on to tomorrow and Sunday.  I'm actually shooting for visiting and noting every room at the gig.  :thumb:  Might have to wait until after the reboot to post it all, though, as I don't want to make a mess of this thread.

Back to work!  I'll check in after the show wraps up for the day to see what's up. :)

Don_S

« Reply #15 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:44 pm »
Jonathon,

I get it now.  Have fun first.  Don't let trying to cover the entire show interfere with spending more time where you want to.

Phil A

« Reply #16 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:56 pm »
I have some pictures I posted in the Odyssey and Modwright threads. I have pictures taken with a real camera too but won't be able to post those until I'm home vs what have in a separate gallery I took with the iPhone 6

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:58 pm »
Gershman

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:59 pm »
No worries there.  :green:  For me, putting in the work is part of the fun.

Pete at Triode Wire Labs just gave me the go ahead to take up some real estate in his circle if need be.  We can sort out moving the thread later if the facilitators want to.

I'll try to get stuff rolling before the reboot, but I'm heading to dinner with some folks.  If I don't get y'all before hand, I'll catch you on the other side!

Phil A

« Reply #19 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:59 pm »
GT Audioworks