Audio Expo North America

http://www.axpona.com/
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2014, 04:52 pm by MaxCast »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: AXPONA - 2014 Chicago
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2013, 01:56 pm »
Which AC members & Manufacturers are going?

roscoeiii

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2013, 02:38 pm »
I will be there. Great seeing so many ACers there last yr.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2013, 02:50 pm »
We will be there.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2013, 02:58 pm »
Ugh, don't want to think about shows just yet ...

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2013, 02:59 pm »
So you're not going?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2013, 03:02 pm »
So you're not going?

Answering that question would require thinking about the show  :?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2013, 03:03 pm »
Exactly!  And give you plenty of time to prepare.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2013, 03:20 pm »
Slow your roll JT  :lol:
I plan on being there again. Had fun this year, though it's new hotel/venue next year.....so fingers crossed

ratso

« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2013, 05:20 pm »
hopefully one with a better fire alarm system  :o

MaxCast

« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2013, 11:42 am »
I plan on being there Saturday for sure maybe Sunday too.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #11 on: 6 Jan 2014, 01:16 am »
Hello.

I'm considering going to AXPONA this year. I'm a complete newbie though. I have never attended an event like this before. Does anyone have sage advice for the uninitiated? [Hell, even outrageous advice would be appreciated at this point.]

Since AXPONA is a three day event:

Do most folks stay for all three days or is this overkill?
What to do if my wife wants to come along to see Chicago (but completely lacks interest in anything to do with any HiFi over $100.00)?
Do most folks stay at the event hotel (convenience), or is it better and quieter to seek out a nearby hotel (cheaper)?
What should I bring (other than a truckload of cash and all of my credit cards)?

H E L P!!!

MaxCast

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jan 2014, 01:37 am »
Hello.

I'm considering going to AXPONA this year. I'm a complete newbie though. I have never attended an event like this before. Does anyone have sage advice for the uninitiated? [Hell, even outrageous advice would be appreciated at this point.]

Since AXPONA is a three day event:

Do most folks stay for all three days or is this overkill?
What to do if my wife wants to come along to see Chicago (but completely lacks interest in anything to do with any HiFi over $100.00)?
Do most folks stay at the event hotel (convenience), or is it better and quieter to seek out a nearby hotel (cheaper)?
What should I bring (other than a truckload of cash and all of my credit cards)?

H E L P!!!
Three days is a lot.  But well worth it if you can swing the costs/time.  It is nice to stay at the show venue so you can go to your room and chill for an hour or so.   I believe Chicago is about a half hour ride to really see Chicago so you could get a hotel closer to the city if that is the direction you will be headed.  If you go all three days with Betty in tow, you should be able to split it up by doing the show for half a day then devote the second half to the city and her.  Saturday night and Sunday are considered best for best sound.  It takes a day and a half for them to get the system sounding it's best.

Sage advise:  Make a list by floor of vendors you want to hear.  Start at the top floor and work down using the stairs.  Hit the your must hear vendors twice.  Bring a camera and something to take notes with.  You will hear new music and want to make a note.

roscoeiii

« Reply #13 on: 6 Jan 2014, 01:44 am »
If your wife wants to check out Chicago, you may be better off getting a hotel closer to the city.

Sound is usually better on Saturday and Sunday, but least crowds on Friday.

Making a list of gear you want to see floor-by-floor is a good idea.

Also be sure to bring music that you are familiar with and which nicely highlights aspects of music that are most important to you. I bring both CDs and vinyl. You won't always be able to put this  music on, but often there is that option.

I'm sure that ACers will also be getting together for lunch/dinner/drinks over the course of the three days. I had a great time meeting so many AC folks last year. If this appeals to you, make sure you factor that in when coordinating with your wife.

And be aware that it is often possible to get great deals on gear demo'd at the show if you are ready to pull the trigger.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #14 on: 6 Jan 2014, 04:14 am »
Triode Wire Labs will providing the entire cable loom and teaming up with Volti Audio in Room 320...

This will be the global debut of Triode Wire Labs interconnects and maybe a few more "wire" surprises!

Looking forward to some deep-dish pie and meeting some AC'rs in the Windy City!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Pete
« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2014, 01:04 am by Triode Pete »

roscoeiii

« Reply #15 on: 6 Jan 2014, 04:37 am »
Triode Wire Labs will providing the entire cable loom and teaming up with Volti Audio in Room 826...

This will be the global debut of Triode Wire Labs interconnects and maybe a few more "wire" surprises!

Looking forward to some deep-dish pie and meeting some AC'rs in the Windy City!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Pete

Oh the Volti sounded great last yr. Look forward to hearing your cables with that gear.

Brian Walsh

« Reply #16 on: 22 Jan 2014, 01:13 am »
We will be showing Sound Lab, Atma-Sphere, and much more in the Rosemont 4 room on the third floor.

Here is a recent photo of our new demo room nearing completion. The sound traps and enclosures for them are not yet in place.

roscoeiii

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2014, 02:53 am »
Look forward to that room Brian. Love the sound of those Atma amps.

dburna

Re: AXPONA - 2014 Chicago 4-25, 26, 27- 2014
« Reply #18 on: 23 Feb 2014, 05:52 am »
I will be going on Friday April 25th.  Decided to take a day off from work and avoid the weekend crush.  Plus, I can't resist the allure of hearing all these great sound systems on the first day of the show.....before they have all the room issues resolved.   :duh:

Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting some ACers at the show if you'll be there on Friday.

Best,  -dB

Big Red Machine

Re: AXPONA - 2014 Chicago 4-25, 26, 27- 2014
« Reply #19 on: 23 Feb 2014, 01:46 pm »
Right now my wife and I will come over Friday AM.  Probably will stay through Sunday morning depending on how the teenagers get along w/o adult supervision. :duel: