Linked Events

• LampizatOr Rave: 19 Oct 2013

LampizatOr Rave

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Re: LampizatOr Rave
« Reply #60 on: 21 Oct 2013, 12:56 pm »
Any reports on what was heard?  Any revelations?

Gopher

« Reply #61 on: 21 Oct 2013, 02:15 pm »
There are some pictures and comments over on Audionervosa.  Audiocircle was down yesterday.

Overall it was a lot of fun and a good event.  Deepak and his wife are WONDERFUL hosts and their beautiful home could not be more perfect for this type of event.  We even had a celebrity guest in the house.

The sound was good, but we encountered some issues and setbacks due to getting a little ambitious with three separate systems.  The promise was clear but the matching needed help.  The few guys that stayed till the very end got to hear what the Big Six could do in the basement rig after we swapped out the Zu Omen Defs.  I love Zu speakers, but we had a really rough time taming the top end.

The GM70s never got the opportunity to really strut their stuff as the speakers we had to switch to in the main rig were only 4ohm--it was unfortunate, but the monos will be around on LI for a bit.

As for a revelation:  I know the PCM DACs well but it was the first time hearing Lampi DSD and it really is something!  Fortunately that was playing for most of the day in the upstairs bedroom without room acoustic issues and was able to shine. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #62 on: 21 Oct 2013, 02:36 pm »
  Glad you all had a good time. We offered to bring GTA2 speakers for the event but did not work out. would have liked to hear the GM70 amps with them.
   When I get a pair in the house maybe you can bring over some gear or have a meeting.

charles

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: 21 Oct 2013, 02:48 pm »

playntheblues

« Reply #64 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:00 pm »
Not sure what I'm looking at but it definitely is dual mono.   :scratch:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:06 pm »
Maybe one of these?   :dunno:

shadowlight

« Reply #66 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:08 pm »
That is the picture of BigSix.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:10 pm »
That's the $8100 BigSix?

playntheblues

« Reply #68 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:12 pm »
I have had three of Lukasz's masterpieces and loved them all!  He is very easy to work with and his gear is truly custom.   :thumb:  It may be time to consider another one???????/

Berto

« Reply #69 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:18 pm »
Maybe one of these?   :dunno:

If your gonna post, it would be nice to have half a clue as to what your posting. :nono:  That is the innards of a Lampizator 6, dual mono with Duelunds and it sounds divine IMO :D

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:19 pm »
If your gonna post, it would be nice to have half a clue as to what your posting. :nono:  That is the innards of a Lampizator 6, dual mono with Duelunds and it sounds divine IMO :D
Perhaps you should read what I posted...

playntheblues

« Reply #71 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:30 pm »
DAMN   :flame: :guns: :uzi: :duel:

malpa

« Reply #72 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:31 pm »

it does look like dual mono all the way from 2 toroid transformers to rca outputs, 2dac chips as well, looks great and finally duelunds as output capacitors, ...i bet it sounds fantastic.

Berto

« Reply #73 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:54 pm »
I see that you  (Jwtrace) NOW clarified your vague post one minute after I hit the post button on my cell. I was actually at the rave, (so when time permits) I will have more to ad then your internet copy and paste job.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #74 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:55 pm »
I see that you  (Jwtrace) NOW clarified your vague post one minute after I hit the post button on my cell. I was actually at the rave, (so when time permits) I will have more to ad then your internet copy and paste job.
Start above and read down.  It's really simple.  I do look forward to your wonderful experience though.   :thumb:

rawhit

Great gettogether!
« Reply #75 on: 22 Oct 2013, 02:35 am »
This was my first NY/NJ rave and it was a blast.  :thumb:
Major props to Deepak and Chhaya for opening up their beautiful home for us.
I've been to a couple of CAFs and RMAF but nothing beats being able to interact with manufacturers and listen to some awesome gear in a friendly, home like setting. Was fun putting a face to audiocircle monikers.

Lukasz and Merrill are great guys to talk to and build some awesome products.

I finally understand the buzz around Lampi DACs and the GM70 amp. Amazingly natural sounding and just get out of the way of music. Lampi DSD is the real deal, very liquid and gripping presentation.
Oh, and Taras A100 is a killer amp too. Almost tube like in its ability to flesh out the textures.

Listening to all this great gear has given me some serious GAS (gear acquisition syndrome)  :green:

Some pics from my camera can be found here http://img.gg/sw9PINT

wisnon

« Reply #76 on: 22 Oct 2013, 12:45 pm »
Rawhit, I could not see any photos at your link...

Please repost.

playntheblues

« Reply #77 on: 22 Oct 2013, 01:28 pm »
Nice pictures, looks like you guys had a lot of rooms and systems to digest, fun for all.

wisnon

« Reply #78 on: 22 Oct 2013, 02:24 pm »
I cant see the pictures...bummer.

wisnon

« Reply #79 on: 22 Oct 2013, 02:39 pm »
There are some pictures and comments over on Audionervosa.  Audiocircle was down yesterday.

Overall it was a lot of fun and a good event.  Deepak and his wife are WONDERFUL hosts and their beautiful home could not be more perfect for this type of event.  We even had a celebrity guest in the house.

The sound was good, but we encountered some issues and setbacks due to getting a little ambitious with three separate systems.  The promise was clear but the matching needed help.  The few guys that stayed till the very end got to hear what the Big Six could do in the basement rig after we swapped out the Zu Omen Defs.  I love Zu speakers, but we had a really rough time taming the top end.

The GM70s never got the opportunity to really strut their stuff as the speakers we had to switch to in the main rig were only 4ohm--it was unfortunate, but the monos will be around on LI for a bit.

As for a revelation:  I know the PCM DACs well but it was the first time hearing Lampi DSD and it really is something!  Fortunately that was playing for most of the day in the upstairs bedroom without room acoustic issues and was able to shine.

Since you have the GM70s for a while, I guess  the next Rave is on you! LoL

Just kidding, I know you have moving stress right now.