Linked Events

• LampizatOr Rave: 19 Oct 2013

LampizatOr Rave

Charles Xavier

Re: LampizatOr Rave
« Reply #20 on: 21 Sep 2013, 12:49 am »
Was that the reason for you to start skipping  :slap:.  One of the items for lunch was Falafel but it will most likely be from Mamouns

As for the mfg,  I am working with whatever is available or I am able to borrow.  Help me find other mfg who are willing to attend/loan equipment outside of the ones that we have hosted at RAVE's and I will try to have them attend so we get variety of equipment to listen too.  For now I would have to say that Zu is my preferred speakers so they will most likely will be at every event that is hosted at our place unless one of the mfg being hosted is a speaker company and at that point the Zu's will be pulled out of the rooms.  Outside of the speaker preference I am open to anything else.

As for the ruining the thread that is not going to happen.  All the banter back and forth is part of the hobby and adds flavor  :wine:

No one said to get rid of your speakers. They're part of your system. You don't need other manufacturers to have a rave, just have a rave. I have Petes cords but I would rather hear your homegrown cords instead if that's what your using. Get my drift.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2013, 06:28 am by Charles Xavier »

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #21 on: 21 Sep 2013, 01:28 am »
Dee -

Put me down as a maybe, I may have to fly to Texas the 20th.

But I'd love a reason to see you and your 3 beautiful gals, and visit PREX.

Gene

shadowlight

« Reply #22 on: 21 Sep 2013, 01:31 am »
Dee -

Put me down as a maybe, I may have to fly to Texas the 20th.

But I'd love a reason to see you and your 3 beautiful gals, and visit PREX.

Gene

Sounds good Gene.

findog3103

« Reply #23 on: 21 Sep 2013, 01:41 am »
Being a new lampi owner I would like to attend.

shadowlight

« Reply #24 on: 21 Sep 2013, 04:09 pm »
Being a new lampi owner I would like to attend.

Done

Berto

« Reply #25 on: 21 Sep 2013, 04:21 pm »
Hi Deepak I would love to go :thumb:

I will probably be carpooling with Gopher. Can bring my Lamp Transport and or BIG 6 as well if needed.

shadowlight

« Reply #26 on: 21 Sep 2013, 04:39 pm »
Hi Deepak I would love to go :thumb:

I will probably be carpooling with Gopher. Can bring my Lamp Transport and or BIG 6 as well if needed.

Berto,

Sounds good.  Please coordinated with Fred on the equipment.  It is starting to look as if we will have 3 systems going.

wisnon

« Reply #27 on: 21 Sep 2013, 07:53 pm »
Dayum,

I would love to be there too...bummer.

Around the same timing as the Zurich Audio show too...

shadowlight

« Reply #28 on: 24 Sep 2013, 01:13 pm »
Amps on hand:

- Lamp GM70, can be used as integrated/power amp (potentially on the way already)

- Ming Da MC3008AB-SE Integrated - 805 power tubes, 300b driver tubes , 12ax7 and 12au7 preamp tubes
- Response Audio Bella Extreme (Modified Jolida 302/502 KT88/6550/EL34 power tubes, 12at7 phase splitters (I think) 12ax7 preamp tube.  The amp can be straight power amp or can be used as integrated)
- Ghent B&O Audio
- Onix 2150
- Onix A-120 Integrated
- Lukasz friend is bring his Mofset designed amp

polyglot

« Reply #29 on: 24 Sep 2013, 02:50 pm »
Hi Deepak,

I have a schedule conflict but will try be there. Berto (really nice dude) introduced me to Lampi Gen 4.

Anyone in or close Westchester County (NJ) or northern Bergen County has a Gen 4 with volume control who is willing to demo it? I am happy bring my CJ CT-5 or GAT with AMR DP-777 combo to A/B.

Charles

shadowlight

« Reply #30 on: 24 Sep 2013, 03:37 pm »
Hi Deepak,

I have a schedule conflict but will try be there. Berto (really nice dude) introduced me to Lampi Gen 4.

Anyone in or close Westchester County (NJ) or northern Bergen County has a Gen 4 with volume control who is willing to demo it? I am happy bring my CJ CT-5 or GAT with AMR DP-777 combo to A/B.

Charles

Charles,

Will add you to the list.  The RAVE's usually last well into evening so either you can join us early or late depending on your conflict.  Will send contact information out as we get closer to the day.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #31 on: 24 Sep 2013, 04:56 pm »
Amps on hand:

- Lamp GM70, can be used as integrated/power amp (potentially on the way already)

- Ming Da MC3008AB-SE Integrated - 805 power tubes, 300b driver tubes , 12ax7 and 12au7 preamp tubes
- Response Audio Bella Extreme (Modified Jolida 302/502 KT88/6550/EL34 power tubes, 12at7 phase splitters (I think) 12ax7 preamp tube.  The amp can be straight power amp or can be used as integrated)
- Ghent B&O Audio
- Onix 2150
- Onix A-120 Integrated
- Lukasz friend is bring his Mofset designed amp

Great stuff. The GM 70 should be a treat. Looking forward to this one. Love to hear that SET amp. They were favorite for quite some time SET that is. My Pipedreams just needed more power. Still huge SET fan. Maybe the Lamp may change my mind again, oh my !!

charles

charles

Gopher

« Reply #32 on: 24 Sep 2013, 05:12 pm »
Charles,

It should be a very nice pair of amps indeed!  I'm pretty excited to hear this one too.  I think this will be paired with the Zu Soul Superflys and a very nice amplifier  by Taras will be mated with the GT Audio speakers you are bringing which should be fantastic.

I've heard Taras amp in my home and it is very good:

dminches

« Reply #33 on: 25 Sep 2013, 12:15 am »
What is the tube complement in the Lampizator DAC?

shadowlight

« Reply #34 on: 25 Sep 2013, 12:51 am »
What is the tube complement in the Lampizator DAC?

I believe level 4 was based around 6H6P while level 5 and Big Six are based around 6H8C (6sn7)

Berto

« Reply #35 on: 25 Sep 2013, 04:08 am »
The 4 is based on the ecc40 and so is the the 5.  The L6 is 6sn7s or Russian 6H8c. That lil ecc40 tube can be found cheap and creates alot of magic.  For rectifiers 5y3 or 6x5s and variants like 6106 or 5852 Bendix . But being custom built, nothing is etched in stone.

hchilcoat

« Reply #36 on: 28 Sep 2013, 03:40 pm »
Sorry I won't be able to make the rave. Will be holding an 80th Birthday party for my mom at that time. Sounds like it will be an incredible event.

I was also interested to see that the Ming Da 3008AB will be included. I have an older version that I got about 10 years ago sitting in a box somewhere. I should dust it off sometime and try it out again now that the Lampizator is in my system. I should try to sell it at some point as well as a bunch of other stuff in my storage space so I can get the Lampi DSD DAC at some point!

Have fun!

Howard

shadowlight

« Reply #37 on: 4 Oct 2013, 12:35 am »
Please let me know before hand if you have any food allergies.  Right now the food is most likely going to be either Indian or Mediterranean (falafel, hummus and tabouleh).

Lissnr

« Reply #38 on: 7 Oct 2013, 10:14 am »
Hello folks, I would also like to come and see, listen, and meet everyone including Lukasz. Should be a great day. I'm also a Big Six owner (currently running V caps). Thanks, Grant

shadowlight

« Reply #39 on: 7 Oct 2013, 10:50 am »
Hello folks, I would also like to come and see, listen, and meet everyone including Lukasz. Should be a great day. I'm also a Big Six owner (currently running V caps). Thanks, Grant

will add you to the list