Linked Events

• Capital Audiofest 2013: 26 Jul 2013 - 28 Jul 2013

Capital Audiofest 2013

Scottdazzle

Re: Capital Audiofest 2013
« Reply #40 on: 24 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm »
Daedalus, ModWright, and WyWires will all be showing new models at the CAF this year.  Be sure to drop by our room!  :thumb:

Part-Time Audiophile

• Bright. Shiny. Mine?
    • Part-Time Audiophile
« Reply #41 on: 21 Jul 2013, 02:33 am »
One more week -- see ya'll soon!

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #42 on: 21 Jul 2013, 12:28 pm »
See you there Scott.
Once again, I encourage folks to bring familiar tracks on CD.

cheers,

AJ

raindance

« Reply #43 on: 21 Jul 2013, 01:15 pm »
I see Alan Silverman is speaking. Maybe he'll shed light on the vocal distortion (preamp clipping) that occurs on some tracks on these albums he mastered:

Norah Jones (come away with me), Jane Monheit (most of them), Madeleine Peyroux (really bad), J.D. Souther (listen to the Sad Cafe on Natural History).

:icon_twisted:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #44 on: 21 Jul 2013, 01:27 pm »
I see Alan Silverman is speaking. Maybe he'll shed light on the vocal distortion (preamp clipping) that occurs on some tracks on these albums he mastered:

Norah Jones (come away with me), Jane Monheit (most of them), Madeleine Peyroux (really bad), J.D. Souther (listen to the Sad Cafe on Natural History).

:icon_twisted:

Please make sure I'm there when you ask him!  :lol:

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #45 on: 21 Jul 2013, 01:47 pm »
I will make the Capital show for the first time this year.

You will find me wandering around the Dennis Murphy and Jim Salk rooms.

It will be great to meet some of my East Coast clients.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Scottdazzle

« Reply #46 on: 21 Jul 2013, 11:24 pm »
Daedalus, ModWright, and WyWires will all be showing new models at the CAF this year.  Be sure to drop by our room!  :thumb:

Daedalus and ModWright will have two rooms instead of one at the CAF.  Lou Hinkley and Dan Wright will be demonstrating a killer system in one of the large rooms - including Lou's new Argos, version 2 speakers and Dan's new ModWright dac.  That system will also include the Purity Silver Statement preamp, the ModWright KWA-150SE amp, and a new line of cables from WyWires.  We will be using Rich Hollis's HAL MS-2 music server as the source.

I will be playing host in room 610 on a very fine system featuring the ModWright KWI-200 integrated amp, ModWright-modded Oppo 105 disc player, and Lou's newest speakers, the Pan monitors.  Bring a few of your favorite discs to the room.

Both systems will feature WyWires and the new WyWires/Daedalus Power Broker.  And here's a little shout out to GIK for providing us with some acoustic traps and panels to help us with hotel acoustics. 

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #47 on: 22 Jul 2013, 03:06 am »
Daedalus and ModWright will have two rooms instead of one at the CAF.  Lou Hinkley and Dan Wright will be demonstrating a killer system in one of the large rooms - including Lou's new Argos, version 2 speakers and Dan's new ModWright dac.  That system will also include the Purity Silver Statement preamp, the ModWright KWA-150SE amp, and a new line of cables from WyWires.  We will be using Rich Hollis's HAL MS-2 music server as the source.

I will be playing host in room 610 on a very fine system featuring the ModWright KWI-200 integrated amp, ModWright-modded Oppo 105 disc player, and Lou's newest speakers, the Pan monitors.  Bring a few of your favorite discs to the room.

Both systems will feature WyWires and the new WyWires/Daedalus Power Broker.  And here's a little shout out to GIK for providing us with some acoustic traps and panels to help us with hotel acoustics.

No VPI?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #48 on: 23 Jul 2013, 01:40 pm »
Update...Triode Wire Labs / Rollo Audio / GT Audio Works will have a 2nd room at Capital Audiofest this year.

Room 806 will have a smaller less expensive GT audio Works speaker the GTA 1.
Triode Pete will provide the power cables and speaker cables , Charlie Rollo will provide the electronics..yet to be determined.   
See you at CAF rooms 817 & 806
                                                                      Greg

Arion HS 500 amps [ Cardas output caps ], B&G subwoofer system, TEAC 3000 CDP, Arion prototype tubed preamp plus some surprises.

charles

Occam

« Reply #49 on: 25 Jul 2013, 05:18 pm »
I'd like to invite folks to the SteroDesk's rooms 710, 712, and the Magnolia Ballroom.

http://stereodesk.com/pages/capital-audio-festival-and-stereodesk

Please visit the link to see the the wonderful array of kit in the rooms. Great phono kit, exceptional digital (don't forget your USB and/or memory sticks with tunes).
Its also an opportunity to meet Dave Slagle and hear his take on implementing a Slagleformer in a preamp, as well as his 50 meshplate monoblocks, straingauge cartridge, phonostage.... from his new company Emia.

I won't be there, but I'm proud to provide their power and analog cabling.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #50 on: 26 Jul 2013, 03:31 pm »
Absolutely brutal drive up I95 last night :duh:....got in around 1:30a
But got the tunes going in 704, please come on up

cheers,

AJ

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #51 on: 27 Jul 2013, 05:26 am »

Arion HS 500 amps [ Cardas output caps ], B&G subwoofer system, TEAC 3000 CDP, Arion prototype tubed preamp plus some surprises.

charles

BG subwoofer system : astounding!  Don't miss it. 

http://www.bgcorp.com/subwoofer-speakers.html

Toby G

« Reply #52 on: 2 Aug 2013, 02:32 pm »
I have posted photos of the SALK SOUND and PHILHARMONIC AUDIO exhibits from Capital Adiofest 2013 on my web site:

Supertenor.smugmug.com

Press SHOW ALL GALLERIES on my home page and look for AUDIO HI FI. The Capital Audio Fest photos are under that folder.

Both the exhibits were powered by Van Alstine electronics, and everything sounded great. Hope you enjoy the photos

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #53 on: 30 Aug 2013, 04:47 pm »
Finally some additional coverage by Kemper Holt from EnjoyTheMusic.com...

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/capitol_audiofest_2013/part3/page2.htm

Cheers,
Pete

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #54 on: 30 Aug 2013, 08:44 pm »
Dennis, Jim, and I sure got nice comments on our equipment from Mr. Holt in Enjoy the Music at Capital Audiofest.

Frank Van Alstine

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #55 on: 1 Sep 2013, 04:06 pm »
Finally some additional coverage by Kemper Holt from EnjoyTheMusic.com...

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/capitol_audiofest_2013/part3/page2.htm

Cheers,
Pete

At Rollo Audio we are proud of the system we put together for the TWL room nd GTaudio rooms.  Both rooms were packed every day. Thanks to the attendees who made our days very enjoyable. Thanks to Kemper for the fine coverage.
    Our flagship Arions with Duelund CAST output caps had a special synergy with TWL power cords and the GTAudio Works speakers. Not a big fan of debuting product however the TWL speaker cables were a wonderful match with the speakers in both rooms. Another winner from TWL.
     See y'all next year.

charles