T.H.E. Show - Newport Beach
« on: 12 Mar 2013, 02:03 pm »
T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach
May 31-June 2 2013
http://www.theshownewport.com/

neekomax

Re: T.H.E. Show - Newport Beach
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2013, 02:19 pm »
I was all psyched to go to this, check out the debut of the S P A T I A L Computer Trilogy speakers.

Only to now realize this is in Newport Beach, CA, not Newport, RI.  :duh:

Welp, have fun, guys.

R_burke

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2013, 07:18 pm »
I was all psyched to go to this, check out the debut of the S P A T I A L Computer Trilogy speakers.

Only to now realize this is in Newport Beach, CA, not Newport, RI.  :duh:

Welp, have fun, guys.

I plan on spending some time with them and will try and report back

simoon

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2013, 04:14 pm »
This a great run show. I've been to the first 2.

Can't wait for this year's.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:06 pm »
Does anybody know if they still are planning on the Cigar show by the pool this year?  I've scoured their website, can't find any mention.  If so, that's where you'll find me afterhours  :D

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:18 pm »
Does anybody know if they still are planning on the Cigar show by the pool this year?  I've scoured their website, can't find any mention.  If so, that's where you'll find me afterhours 

You can email Richard Beers and ask. rbeers007@gmail.com

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:45 pm »
You can email Richard Beers and ask. rbeers007@gmail.com

Thanks, email sent ...

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2013, 11:49 pm »
Looks like pre-registration has begun and room reservations are posted.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2013, 04:04 pm »
Cool, and look forward to covering the show (and cigar smoking with....) :)

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2013, 04:12 pm »
Passes purchased, room booked - gambling on staying at one of the hotels. Makes it easy to take breaks. Stash a few beers and a couple of bottles of wine.  :green: Stretch out for few. Figure out if there's any after hours "tweaking" going on.

ltr317

« Reply #10 on: 11 Apr 2013, 04:57 pm »
I had a blast at the show last year, and am looking forward to attending again this year.   :thumb:

Dimfer

« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2013, 09:48 am »
plane ticket & hotel booked - looking forward to it, and enjoy some California sun after ten months of Canadian winter  :lol: :lol:

ltr317

« Reply #12 on: 2 May 2013, 04:04 am »
plane ticket & hotel booked - looking forward to it, and enjoy some California sun after ten months of Canadian winter  :lol: :lol:

You better bring suntan lotion then.  Otherwise, you're going to end up looking like a beet!   :D

John Casler

« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2013, 12:05 am »
Will be there in the NuFORCE Room Fifth Floor (#535 right beside the LA and Orange County Audio Society Suite)  featuring some high end NuFORCE Gear, some NEW NuFORCE Gear, TRINITY Speakers from my friend Hugh at Angel City Audio, Power Conditioner called the Power Broker from WyWires, and Acoustic Treatment from LA Sound Panels.

Please feel free to come by and see (and hear) the system and gear.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2013, 12:32 pm »
Have decided to run a contest during T.H.E. Show Newport Beach 2013 :)

CONTEST: Wear Cool Stuff – Win Free Goodies
All you have to do is wear one of the Enjoy the Music.com swag t-shirts at the upcoming T.H.E. Show Newport Beach event. When Steven R. Rochlin of Enjoy the Music.com sees you wearing the t-shirt you’ll win a great audiophile prize! So come check out our swag and show the world your love for music. Get our swag right now at www.CafePress.com/enjoythemusic5

Cheeseboy

« Reply #15 on: 20 May 2013, 09:13 pm »
Thanks, email sent ...

Is the cigar event going to be a part of the show?  I have some fat Zinfandel that mimics a good port to go with a good cigar. 

Are there other after hours events?  I think WyWires was hosting something. 

My buddy that does tatoos has indicated that he will bring his rig and do "Enjoy The Music" tats if you sponsor his trip.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #16 on: 20 May 2013, 10:28 pm »
Is the cigar event going to be a part of the show?  I have some fat Zinfandel that mimics a good port to go with a good cigar. 

Yes, cigars are part of the show.  Although I tried to work with them to help get some industry people I know to the show, and didn't have any luck getting action on their part.  So no idea what the plan is. 

About that Zinfandel, care to share with an out-of-towner?   :P

Cheeseboy

« Reply #17 on: 20 May 2013, 11:27 pm »
Sure.  We are coming from the Bay Area and are out of towners too.  We are having dinner Sat Night then returning.   What time do the cigars light up?  The website still does not post times and dates.  Will you have a room?   We'll stop by on Saturday.  Where you at?

We are a party of 9 so far.  I'll double down on the zin.

Love to hear your speakers.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #18 on: 21 May 2013, 12:13 am »
Sure.  We are coming from the Bay Area and are out of towners too.  We are having dinner Sat Night then returning.   What time do the cigars light up?  The website still does not post times and dates.  Will you have a room?   We'll stop by on Saturday.  Where you at?

We are a party of 9 so far.  I'll double down on the zin.

Love to hear your speakers.

Fantastic!  It would make the trip for us to be able to partake of some small batch California wines!  I think the cigar 'event' is Saturday night, but honestly they didn't seem to organized for that part.  My understanding is you can smoke cigars any time out by the pool at the hotel. 

We'll be sharing a room with Steve Nugent of Empirical Audio, Atrium 206.  Please do come by Friday or Saturday and say hi, we'd love to share dinner and some conversation. 

SoCalWJS

« Reply #19 on: 21 May 2013, 12:49 am »
......Saturday night is starting to sound like a lot of fun.

Complicated, but fun.

I'll be bringing some bottles of the red stuff as well. Joined the Sterling wine club when we did the tour a few months ago, so I have some interesting things..... :green: