Linked Events

• AXPONA 2013 - Chicago: 8 Mar 2013 - 10 Mar 2013

AXPONA 2013 - Chicago

TomS

Re: AXPONA 2013 - Chicago
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2013, 05:51 pm »
I'm hoping to drive up just for Saturday if I can clear the home schedule.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2013, 06:07 pm »
I'll be there all three days! 

pslate

« Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2013, 06:07 pm »
Hey Turbo. I would be down for a beer. Especially if it's at Hopleaf. The more the merrier too. Maybe we can list a time and place if we have enough interest. Shoot me a PM.

roscoeiii

« Reply #23 on: 20 Feb 2013, 06:10 pm »
Would be great to have an AC get-together, but note that the Hopleaf (awesome as it is) is pretty far from Rosemont. Not a great geographical match.

jackman

« Reply #24 on: 20 Feb 2013, 06:30 pm »
Hey Roscoe!  I'll call you later today, after work. 

I say we meet at the Hofbrauhaus.  It's a really cool German beer hall that just opened in Rosemont, near the show.  It's a great place to hang out and drink a couple steins of German beer. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus

sandbagger

« Reply #25 on: 20 Feb 2013, 06:48 pm »
I will be there all weekend as I will be helping out Mark Seaton as Seaton Sound will actually have a demo room right next to the MBL room. 
Stop in and say HI

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #26 on: 20 Feb 2013, 09:10 pm »
A few blocks away from the venue is a really great steakhouse called the Rosewood for some fine dining.

TomS

« Reply #27 on: 21 Feb 2013, 02:16 am »
Would be great to have an AC get-together, but note that the Hopleaf (awesome as it is) is pretty far from Rosemont. Not a great geographical match.
I'd be up for some sort of AC gtg. At this point I'm booked at the Embassy Suites for both Friday and Sat night though I'm not sure how early I'll get in Friday night.

pslate

« Reply #28 on: 21 Feb 2013, 02:41 am »
AC get together for sure. I'm biased being stumbling distance from Hopleaf  :thumb: Rosemont options sound great!!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #29 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:07 am »
I will be there all weekend as I will be helping out Mark Seaton as Seaton Sound will actually have a demo room right next to the MBL room. 
Stop in and say HI

So much for listening to MBL's! :lol:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #30 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:14 am »
Hey Turbo. I would be down for a beer. Especially if it's at Hopleaf. The more the merrier too. Maybe we can list a time and place if we have enough interest. Shoot me a PM.

I'm up for whatever ... I'll let the guys who know the area decide on a place. 

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #31 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:02 am »
I won't be attending the show, but I stayed at this Doubletree last month.  I highly recommend Gibson's Steakhouse, which is in the hotel.  Excellent steaks and seafood.  Their desserts are the size of a cantaloupe.  Pricey, but memorable.

Mark Seaton

« Reply #32 on: 22 Feb 2013, 06:37 pm »
So much for listening to MBL's! :lol:

Hi Pete!

MBL usually brings plenty of firepower on their own, but I will have plenty on tap for occasional after-hours fun :icon_twisted:, but that's just to have a nice display of different options.  :thumb:

Will we be graced with your presence?

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #33 on: 3 Mar 2013, 03:54 am »
I can't play the whole weekend, but I'm planning on driving down and back on Saturday.  There are a lot of folks here I would like to shake hands with . . and maybe listen to some music. . . I should prepare.  :green:

zeke

« Reply #34 on: 4 Mar 2013, 05:49 am »
anyone know the parking options available at, or near the hotel ?  Any self parking nearby with a reasonable walking distance to the show ?

jackman

« Reply #35 on: 4 Mar 2013, 03:55 pm »
Guys, I look forward to meeting everyone and auditioning as much stuff as possible. Regarding food and drinks, please note, this show is in Rosemont, not downtown Chicago.  I would suggest meeting somewhere near the show, unless you want to spend $50 on cabs.    There are lots of really good places near the show.  The town just opened a large entertainment complex with lots of great bars and pubs.  All are within walking distance of the show.   

I suggested a couple but I'm open to suggestions as long as they are near the show.  I'd prefer to avoid fancy places like Gibsons, Capital Grill, etc.  these places are good but too formal and fancy for me.  Would prefer a place where we can all hang out and have a few beers without having to dress up or keep quiet. 

Hoffbrauhaus is loud and fun and they have great beer.  It's also right in the center of the convention area. Lots of other bars and restaurants within walking distance if people want to explore some new places.  I'd prefer places within walking distance because Rosemont is crawling with cops and I don't want to see anyone get an expensive ticket.  They also have red light cameras at every intersection so make sure you stop completely, even when making a right turn.  They already popped me twice ($200!) for this violation over the past year!

Just a suggestion.

Thanks

Jack

TitaniumTroy

« Reply #36 on: 4 Mar 2013, 07:21 pm »
My main goal is to hear the more exotic, expensive speakers like the MBL's at the show.

I like the idea of walking, to wherever the group decide's to meet up. Thanks for the suggestions Jack.

Troy

roscoeiii

« Reply #37 on: 4 Mar 2013, 07:28 pm »
I like the sound of that Hoffbrauhaus.

asliarun

« Reply #38 on: 4 Mar 2013, 09:47 pm »
Hi All,

Compared to a lot of you, I'm a newbie in this forum and to high fidelity audio in general.

I would love to meet up with a few forum members at Axpona, although I'm not sure how I will even know if anyone is from AC or not!
Please do let me (and others) know if folks are planning to meet at a certain place at a certain time.

Besides that, any other tips or pointers to an audio show newbie like me would be quite helpful!
Any manufacturers to watch out for (besides the big names)?

Thanks,
Arun

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: 4 Mar 2013, 10:05 pm »
Hi All,

Compared to a lot of you, I'm a newbie in this forum and to high fidelity audio in general.

I would love to meet up with a few forum members at Axpona, although I'm not sure how I will even know if anyone is from AC or not!
Please do let me (and others) know if folks are planning to meet at a certain place at a certain time.

Besides that, any other tips or pointers to an audio show newbie like me would be quite helpful!
Any manufacturers to watch out for (besides the big names)?

Thanks,
Arun

I suggest you start by visiting every manufacturer from this site, including the newbies to the "Industry Circles", as that will help you wrap your head around the comments people make about their equipment.  Also, please do not miss out on the Seaton Sound room.  I am expecting some fun to be had in there!   :drool: