Linked Events

• AXPONA 2013 - Chicago: 8 Mar 2013 - 10 Mar 2013

AXPONA 2013 - Chicago

dminches

Re: AXPONA 2013 - Chicago
« Reply #160 on: 17 Mar 2013, 11:31 pm »
James, great pictures and commentary.  I was surprised that you really didn't like the Daedalus room with the Purity audio tube amps.  I thought that was one of the better sounding rooms.

Thanks for sharing.

jackman

« Reply #161 on: 18 Mar 2013, 12:39 am »
Hi,

Only because we see that we got mentioned in this thread as having one of the best sounding systems at Axpona I thought I should share.

#1 rule we always listen to the customer, and they are always correct!

Its funny because we had both Sony and Holm audio in our room a few times and it was interesting as they thought our system sounded too good for the price. :-)

Many manufactures mentioned we might just have the best sound and were getting tips on the room and our components.

Also, whats interesting not to hype it anymore, but several of the press were writing down the best sounding rooms and #1 on the list was Sony, #2 Sonic Hemisphere. We had some great reviews and met some great people.

We were very proud of that.

I will say this and they are a great speaker, but there is not a single thing in the Sony speaker that has anything to do with Sony just as everybody else has to source components from elsewhere. They were great guys and it was a great show, I just hope I can get Yamaha to put their name on my speaker and we can go head to head!

We do build a similar in design cabinet to Sonys with a nearly 3" thick baffle and very similar European drivers are used along with tuning.

Efficiency is also almost identical. As well as the frequency response.

Just to make sure next time we are not too close in best of show we decided to do updates removing the nearly 1.5 square foot of crossover boards out of our Port chamber all together getting better airflow, and of course better vibration control as well as we updated a few crossover components in the 3 way to mirror the tone everybody loved out of our Monitor versions.

If you are in the Chicago area please come give us another listen, you truly get great value with nothing but top notch sound quality and design.

Thanks again

Dave
Sonic <][> Hemisphere
www.sonichemisphere.com

Dave,

Congratulations on the excellent feedback Sonic Hemisphere received at the show.   Your large speakers were right at the top of my favorites list and a true bargain.   The workmanship and quality materials you used were in line with the $22k Sony speakers but I liked your cabinets better - I'm not a fan of piano black.  I wish I could have heard the monitors.  I also thought your room sounded much better than the one with the big Sony speakers.

Good luck with everything.   

Jack

Sonic Hemisphere

• Industry Participant
« Reply #162 on: 18 Mar 2013, 01:30 pm »
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your comments.

It is a tuff game with so many rooms to contend with, but it was a great time.

Man I don't know how anybody including us got "Solid" concrete cubes to sound like anything good at all!

Oh well its all for the love of audio.

We don't take ourselves to seriously, but of course we like to provide a serious product, and hope to make a good impression.

Thanks to all

Dave
www.sonichemisphere.com

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #163 on: 18 Mar 2013, 04:53 pm »
and no offense to AJ, but these are the ones I'd steal (and MUST buy with my first lottery check)
None taken Ted, since the packaging boxes those come in are more $$ than my speakers. :wink:

James, thanks, awesome photos, you da man!

cheers,

AJ

roscoeiii

« Reply #164 on: 18 Mar 2013, 04:58 pm »
AJ, get off of this forum and get some pics and specs of those great speakers from AXPONA on your webpage!

neekomax

« Reply #165 on: 18 Mar 2013, 05:02 pm »
AJ, get off of this forum and get some pics and specs of those great speakers from AXPONA on your webpage!

Yeah, and you're not allowed to take the photos yourself.  :lol: