Linked Events

• Pacific Northwest Audio Societ: 14 Jun 2012

Pacific Northwest Audio Society - June

MaxCast

Pacific Northwest Audio Society - June
« on: 16 May 2012, 12:49 pm »
Join the Pacific Northwest Audio Society on Thursday, June 14th at 7:30 for a meeting with renowned recording engineer Todd Garfinkle of Ma Recordings for a live recording of budding Seattle woodwind artist Benjamin Zobel.  Todd will demonstrate and discuss his unique and innovative recording techniques.

Guests are welcome.  For more information, visit www.audiosociety.org.

Mercer Island Congregational Church (basement)
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA  98040

lwestfall

Re: Pacific Northwest Audio Society - June
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2015, 06:43 am »
Is this group still meeting? When and where?

Thanks,
Lincoln

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2015, 07:16 am »
I've emailed this group several times and never get a response. I was going to join years ago but no one even returns an email.

Now I've almost finished my dedicated audio Guest House and will be starting something on my own. I know this group has been around for years but they don't seem very interested in bringing in new people.

I live in Bothell which is why I was trying to contact someone about joining the group.

Greg

rpw

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2015, 04:05 pm »
Hi Greg,

The group is now meeting at the Kirkland Women's Club on First 1st Street in Kirkland, right across from City Hall. We meet every second Tuesday of the month. We welcome new members and guests and definitely would like to see you at our meetings.

I am a relatively new member having been going for about two years now. Sorry for lacking administrative response to your queries, we are in the process of changing council members. Go to www.audiosociety.org for a recent calendar update.

The August meeting will not be on the normal Tuesday.
Saturday August 22nd 12pm-4pm at Doc Bottlehead

Bottlehead August Event Announcement – Save the Date The August meeting of the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be a special event that takes place at the Bainbridge Island home of Bottlehead. Most of you are no strangers to Bottlehead, as Dan Schmalle (aka Doc B) and his dedicated group of audio fanatics have presented very interesting products at PNWAS events in the past, and are also prominent in the DIY, and Head Fi communities. Dan is also one of the principles in the Tape Project, whose products have been demonstrated at club events and at numerous audio shows around the world. Dan has indicated that the entire Tape Project catalog http://tapeproject.com/catalog/ will be available for our listening pleasure.

Hope to see you there.

Best Regards,
Rich Weed
Bothell WA

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2015, 05:57 pm »
Rich,

Thank you for your response, I'm glad to here someone is keeping the society alive. I will be too busy for the rest of this summer but would be very interested in meeting up with the group later on this year. I would also like to find some local people perhaps from the group that would be interested in stopping by to take a listen in my new building which is 20'x30'x10'. It was set up as a guest house but mostly designed for my 2 channel system and I would really like to swap out equipment have small a together on occasion. If anyone is interested PM me and we can work something out. The equipment will be set up next week for the first time and I'm very exited about finally having a dedicated space.

Thanks again Rich for your response and I will get in touch with the group when things slow down a bit.