Demo Jazz Module 2.0 for sale

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Demo Jazz Module 2.0 for sale
« on: 6 Jun 2014, 04:05 am »
Posted here with Duke's permission.

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-audiokinesis-jazz-module-2-0-front-half-of-dream-maker-lcs-2014-06-05-speakers-84341-logan-ut

Audiogon starting bid $3696/pr + Paypal + actual cost for shipping, insurance, etc.  Will ship anywhere worldwide. 

Happy listening!   

rockadanny

Re: Demo Jazz Module 2.0 for sale
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2014, 03:24 pm »
These look very nice!
Will someone in the Atlanta area please buy these so I can come over and hear them!?
(So many interesting items like this for sale ... I think I need an audiophile sugar mama  :lol: )

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2014, 04:25 pm »
These look very nice!
Will someone in the Atlanta area please buy these so I can come over and hear them!?
(So many interesting items like this for sale ... I think I need an audiophile sugar mama  :lol: )

Yes, we should all be blessed with an "audiophile sugar mama," or papa, whichever suits one's preference! 

The "Transfer Function" binding posts really work: posts shorted for tube amp (8 Ohm flat above the bass range/6 Ohm minimum), posts open for SS amp (slightly higher input impedance). 

You'd be shocked how good the Pioneer 912 receiver (once employed by Dr. Earl Geddes) sounds powering JM 2.0.  The 912 makes about 50W into JM 2.0 in the SS setting, plenty of power for the low-mid 90 dB sensitivity.  The 912's analog chip power amp has limited current, improving its distortion spectra (less odd order/more even order components) into higher load impedance.  This feature adds a good portion of the best tube amp qualities to SS amps.  I presume the only reasons such feature is not common to speakers and SS amps is:
  • Cost
  • Audiophiles wrongly presume it's a non-performing gimmick
  • The first known person to release product with this feature (amp) was controversial designer Bob Carver
Prior to JM 2.0 I had only limited use of this feature with an old Sunfire amp.  It seemed to work with the Sunfire amp, but the speakers were so power hungry that it was not necessarily all win-win.  JM 2.0 sensitivity is so high that I presume only the lowest power SS amp (20W or less) would not yield improved performance in the SS setting. 
« Last Edit: 6 Jun 2014, 05:32 pm by James Romeyn »

Vlad

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2014, 04:56 pm »
Hi James,

Just to clarify - this is only the main speakers, without the effect speakers?

Thanks,
Vladimir

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2014, 05:25 pm »
Hi James,

Just to clarify - this is only the main speakers, without the effect speakers?

Thanks,
Vladimir

Yes, above is correct.  Sorry I was lazy and did not crop out the LCS Effects Speakers in the first image.  If the starting bid price included LCS Effects Speakers, I'd buy it myself!  Just think how easy would be delivery!  "Jim, hope you enjoy James' speakers...Jim, please ask James to move them from the office room to the listening room next door ASAP."

I'm happy to privately provide price and specs for the latest LCS Effects Speakers, early July ETA in my studio.