FS: Quad 12L Classic in gorgeous rosewood, less than 3 mos old (SOLD)

Sarchi

SOLD
Change in direction for me, (back) to planars.

These Quads were bought new in mid January - they have almost 4 yrs & 10 mos left on their warranty. Absolutely beautiful speakers, in pristine condition. The build quality isn't far off what you'd expect from Sonus Faber. Box, packaging, cloth bags, white gloves, paperwork, all included and perfect. They don't need tons of power but if you have a 100w amp they will definitely enjoy it. They were voiced to sound like the ESL-63 in the mids and highs, and having owned the 63's, I do hear the similarities. These are more dynamic and can be driven harder without any fear of bad things happening. They work well on 20-23" stands, depending on your seating. From the original 11L/12L review in TNT: "This truly is a loudspeaker that needs no apologies. It sounds much more complete than the 11L and never puts a foot wrong: definitely a more mature music maker, with perfect finish and craftsmanship, easy to use, and a wonderfully-natural sound. At 1000 euro per pair the 12L would be brilliant. It costs 700 euro/pair ..."

$465. Shipping in US (by mail) should be in the $40-50 range depending where.

« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2015, 04:23 am by Sarchi »

Sarchi

Re: Quad 12L Classic in gorgeous rosewood, less than 3 mos old
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2015, 05:43 pm »
Here are some more pics, I've gone over them carefully to be sure they are spotless. My pics don't do justice to the finish, this rosewood veneer is deeply figured and dark, with purple hues. Quad calls it "Deep Rose", and it's stunning. Even the raised gold lettering of the badges is something I haven't seen on a speaker before.

« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2015, 08:23 pm by Sarchi »

Sarchi

Bump. How does $465 sound? The Quads are boxed and ready to go. These are excellent speakers. They didn't disappoint me at all, I'm just in the middle of a bunch of changes and I can't keep everything I'd like to.

Sarchi

« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2015, 04:23 am by Sarchi »