SOLD: Woo WA2 headphone amplifier, excellent condition

guildenstern

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Woo WA2 headphone amplifier in excellent condition. Asking $795 or best offer.

According to the previous owner, this amp was purchased directly from Woo Audio in January 2014. This model is exclusively a headphone amplifier, without preamp output jacks.

Come with stock rectifier and input tubes (pair each of Electro-Harmonix 6CA4 and 6922). You get two sets of power tubes: a pair of NOS Chatham 6080 (like most of this kind, slightly microphonic, but does not affect performance), and a pair of NOS coke-bottle style RCA 6AS7G (purchased from reliable seller Brent Jesse Recording and Supply).

With the supplied tubes, the WA2 sounds superb with all headphones I tried with it, including Beyerdynamic T1, Beyerdynamic T90, Sennheiser HD650, Sennheiser HD800, and AKG 702 65th Anniversary edition. With a bit of tube rolling, you can tailor the sound to your preference.

Cosmetically the amp looks great. There are no scratches. The top plate of the middle transformer cover has a couple of very slight irregularities in the finish, visible when viewed in good light from specific angles – in any case, so slight that I couldn’t get them to show up in photos.

Many positive reviews available online. From the “Enjoy the Music” review: “as a headphone amplifier, the WA2 is one of the most musically involving amplifiers I have heard, and for the price, awfully close to the state-of-the-art. If one considers the price/performance quotient, it may be unparalleled among the products in the marketplace now and represents a phenomenal value.”

« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2014, 07:37 pm by guildenstern »