For Sale Beveridge Model 2 SW amps/speakers

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
For Sale Beveridge Model 2 SW amps/speakers
« on: 2 Mar 2010, 12:30 pm »
Beveridge speakers are very unique and have a dedicated following.  They are full range six feet high ribbon speakers.  These belong to my step dad, who is downsizing his whole life.  They are located in The Villages, Florida, and he is asking $4000.00 for the pair.  This includes the tube amplifiers for the main speakers, and the amplifiers for the included sub woofers.
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2010, 03:01 am by srlaudio »

WolfsongAudio

Re: For Sale Beveridge Model 2 SW amps/speakers
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2010, 09:01 pm »
Hello,

Do you by chance have access to photos for the beveridge speakers?  Are they fully functional?  Cosmetic condition?  What will it take to load them in a van ( how many people and can you help?)?  I am very interested and can pay in cash at the pick up.

Mike

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2010, 01:16 pm »
Yes, they fully function.  They are in very good cosmetic condition, the foam grilles are replaced with new ones, and the wiring to the preamp is Mogami neglex.  I will email you the direct contact information, and I am planning on visiting there soon, so I would definitely help move them and would be happy to meet you! 

Baranyi

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2010, 09:19 pm »
Are the subwoofers original?  Many of us have pitched the originals in favor of better offerings.  Have the panels been refurbished by rick Beveridge?  Is your step-dad the original owner?  To answer Wolfsong's question, they can be placed in a minivan with stow away seating (chrysler).  they are also not very heavy and 2 people can easily carry them.  Bob

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2010, 04:05 am »
To answer your questions, Yes, he is the original owner.  They are all original with the exception of 1.  I replaced the original wiring to the preamp with longer Mogami Neglex wiring.  2.  I recapped the amplifiers.  3. The only thing (other than tubes) that has been replaced are the foam grills.  These speakers have been moved only 2 times, and Wilkes (the owner) is very specific about his environment.  They have never seen any form of smoke, for example.  If you have any more questions I will try to answer them, or put you directly in contact with Wilkes.

Baranyi

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2010, 04:47 am »
Did these speakers ever sell?  Bob

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2010, 02:50 am »
These Speakers are sold!