My LIO has arrived! :)

LARRY KYOTO

Re: My LIO has arrived! :)
« Reply #20 on: 12 May 2016, 01:35 pm »
 :thumb:

mr_bill

« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2016, 02:14 pm »
I wanted to revive my walking dead thread and give you guys feedback at my one year anniversary. 

The LIO has exceeded expectations beyond any gushing honeymoon period.  The sound is so natural and engaging.  I've been listening to a LOT of Rush lately, both on ALAC and 180g vinyl, and both are stellar. 

Vinnie's genius is modularity.  In the old days, people made vacuum cleaners that lasted decades, and the company gained a very loyal customer.  That changed sometime in the 80s, to disposable products and declining customer service.  Vinnie's idea of unparalleled customer service, individual attention, and ultimately the coup de gras of modularity means that he's gained a customer for life in me.  I'm a LIO acolyte.  I will spread its praises to anyone who listens. 

Are there things I'd change? Sure there are.  Let me complain. 

Wait, you mean I can just change them? Well, what do I Complain about then!??!?!? :)

Seriously, budgetary constraints aside, I'll eventually upgrade to the standalone amp and the autoformer volume control.  I want to be able to annoy the shoot out of my jerk neighbors with some B side Rush or other prog Rock. 

Thank you Vinnie for the best product ever!

Just the fact that you are a Rush fan made your credibility go through the roof with me!  :thumb:
If I didn't already have a Devialet, I'd get a LIO.
(Fellow Rush Fan)

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 12 May 2016, 02:16 pm »
Maybe buy a LIO and compare the two and see what you think.   :wink:  There are some new modules coming down the road too.   :o 8) :green: :wink: :oops: :thumb:

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #23 on: 13 May 2016, 04:15 pm »
Just the fact that you are a Rush fan made your credibility go through the roof with me!  :thumb:
(Fellow Rush Fan)

When the AVC and standalone amp show up, my plan is to play 2112 at "scare the children" levels at my jerk neighbors. Once they get to Geddy's chorus on "Circumstances"' they'll probably start bleeding from their ears.  Can you tell I don't like them? :)

Glad to hear there's another Rush-ite around :)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 13 May 2016, 05:35 pm »
"2112" in hi-Rez through the LIO at loud levels is SWEET!!!

:drums: :guitar: :dance:

George

md92468

« Reply #25 on: 13 May 2016, 05:57 pm »
Once they get to Geddy's chorus on "Circumstances"' they'll probably start bleeding from their ears.

Plus ça change , plus c'est la même chose!

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #26 on: 21 May 2016, 08:49 pm »
Plus ça change , plus c'est la même chose!

Unnaturally high vocals :)

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
LIO arrival part 2
« Reply #27 on: 10 Sep 2016, 01:58 am »
After having somehow screwed up the DHT PRE installation, the LIO is en route back to me, and is now -totally- pimped out.  While it was out for a tune-up we not only correctly installed the DHT PRE, we upgraded the DAC to the microrendu power supply and added the headphone amp.  Optioned out to the max!  I didn't add the new quiet switching power supply, had to draw the line somewhere!  Will post pix when it arrives.

Thx!
Matthew

pgbcincy

Re: LIO arrival part 2
« Reply #28 on: 10 Sep 2016, 03:24 am »
After having somehow screwed up the DHT PRE installation

Creating content for your website maybe?   :lol:

Sorry you lobbed that right over the middle!   Seriously, sorry about your issues Matthew!  Thank you and rest for all your sharing all your experiences with LIO…  it’s a blessing and a curse as I'm LIOless.  :evil:

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
Re: LIO arrival part 2
« Reply #29 on: 13 Sep 2016, 03:16 am »
Creating content for your website maybe?   :lol:

Sorry you lobbed that right over the middle!   Seriously, sorry about your issues Matthew!  Thank you and rest for all your sharing all your experiences with LIO…  it’s a blessing and a curse as I'm LIOless.  :evil:

LOL! :). For sure it's been a labor of love.  I did promise myself that I would post some info on the LIO, but since I'm so biased towards Vinnie I won't be writing any review of the LIO, I just like him and the product too much.  I will be posting about my tube rolling experience since that's so subjective to begin with. 

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #30 on: 27 Sep 2016, 04:21 pm »
OK, after I screwed up the DHT installation and had my usual microrendu setup harangue, I am -finally- up and running again.  Here's a photo of my dream system, the pimped out LIO with the new DHT PRE, phono stage, HPA, and microrendu power output DAC.  It's feeding my Joseph Audio Pulsars.  Amazing sound and such a compact system!  Loving it.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #31 on: 27 Sep 2016, 06:18 pm »
Looks good, MP! 

Thanks for sharing!

:thumb:

jriggy

« Reply #32 on: 27 Sep 2016, 07:31 pm »
Ditto. Looks good.

Off topic for the VR circle but...you should get something between your speakers and the dressers. Something like the 'Big Fat Dots' from Herbie's Audio Labs should do it. You will gain lots.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #33 on: 28 Sep 2016, 01:52 am »
This setup is a temporary but total disaster.  I'm waiting to move into my new house that we're closing on this week, but the media room won't be ready for six months at least.  I've got a great set of speaker stands and a good cabinet for the LIO and turntable, but it's all in storage. 

I'll update you guys with a final photo when it's really done! :)

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #34 on: 28 Sep 2016, 04:14 pm »
Is it appropriate to ask a few questions here that aren't directly related to LIO?  Specifically floorstanding speaker recommendations less than 10k and ideally <8k that may pair well with LIO; I was looking at Sonus Faber and Focal, maybe Dynaudio.

Why not a pair of Harbeths?  I heard Lio and Harbeths at Axpona in 2015 and it was one of the top 3-4 rooms that I heard.  One of my friends felt the same way.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #35 on: 2 Oct 2016, 02:59 pm »
Why not a pair of Harbeths?  I heard Lio and Harbeths at Axpona in 2015 and it was one of the top 3-4 rooms that I heard.  One of my friends felt the same way.

I'm sure they'd be killer.  For now I'm very satisfied with the Pulsars.  If I ever upgrade I would trade them into Jeff and get the Perspective floorstanders.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #36 on: 2 Oct 2016, 04:56 pm »

I have heard that combo and it is indeed excellent.

That said, the LIO sounds great with lots of speakers and setups!

My LIO has worked very well with Spatial Audio, Vandersteen, and Salk.

George

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #37 on: 2 Oct 2016, 05:56 pm »
I'm sure they'd be killer.  For now I'm very satisfied with the Pulsars.  If I ever upgrade I would trade them into Jeff and get the Perspective floorstanders.

Matthew,

You are right. First work on your loudspeaker/room setup which apparently you are with a new media room in a new home. Although the pic you just posted is very beautiful, it's not an ideal setup as you are well aware.

We will wait for your new room and then it will be easier to make recommendations if you are at all interested. But the room/loudspeaker interface is the most important to get right.

Kind regards,

Anand.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #38 on: 2 Oct 2016, 10:19 pm »
That's the plan.  Step 1) gut house. Step 2) convince Kim one entire room needed for my purposes. :) If it makes her feel any better ill be putting the guitars in there too!