Pete hooked me up!!!

Gopher

Pete hooked me up!!!
« on: 6 May 2016, 02:32 am »
I just wanted to give a quick shout out to our friend Triode Pete who hooked me up with a custom AC and DC cable for a linear power supply I purchased for my second rig.  The power supply was old school with screw down terminals, but Pete did a really fantastic job with the cable terminations and the end result is far cleaner than this rig called for.

I've got some burning in to go, but I can already tell it's going to be special, like all of TWL stuff...  I'll get some pics of the custom project posted soon.

Thanks again, my friend!

Fred A.

Triode Pete

Re: Pete hooked me up!!!
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2016, 11:42 am »
I just wanted to give a quick shout out to our friend Triode Pete who hooked me up with a custom AC and DC cable for a linear power supply I purchased for my second rig.  The power supply was old school with screw down terminals, but Pete did a really fantastic job with the cable terminations and the end result is far cleaner than this rig called for.

I've got some burning in to go, but I can already tell it's going to be special, like all of TWL stuff...  I'll get some pics of the custom project posted soon.

Thanks again, my friend!

Fred A.

Anytime, my friend... my pleasure!  :thumb:

All the best,
Pete

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2016, 01:57 pm »
I've gotta chime in and update this a bit...

So the custom AC/DC cable pete built was for an Acopian brand linear power supply I read about in the cheap and cheerful circle.  It is being used to power an Intel NUC service running Audiolinux and being used as an HQPlayer NAA server in one of my secondary rigs.  The server on it's own sounded reasonable, but nothing to write home about, but upon adding the PSU completed with Pete's cabling, things improved from first power up and have continued to evolve into something special.

The performance of my music server (which has been feeding a LampizatOr Golden Gate) has been dramatically elevated.  I gained in terms of body and image density.   My music is far more dimensional and tonally beautiful now, whereas before it was somewhat chalky and not particularly pleasant.   I also have a much sweeter and more delicate top end.

This isn't a total surprise to me as I've used and loved Pete's cables for years, but I'm thrilled this custom experiment went as well as it did.  I have a third system in the works and may have to twist Pete's arm to tackle this again.   :lol:

Thanks again, buddy!

Fred

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2016, 03:41 pm »
I keep threatening myself to check out a loom of Pete's cables....this is my year...