2016 AXPONA Show, April 15 - 17

Triode Pete

2016 AXPONA Show, April 15 - 17
« on: 22 Jan 2016, 12:14 am »
We're getting ready for the AXPONA Audio Show in Chicago, April 15-17.  :thumb:

Triode Wire Labs is excited to be in TWO rooms, the very large Dearborn Room and in Exhibit Room 314.

In the large Dearborn Room, there will be Volti Audio, with the fabulous Vittora loudspeakers driven by slamming BorderPatrol Audio Electronics and vinyl being played on the brand new Well Tempered Royale 400 turntable. Of course, the entire Cable Loom will be by Triode Wire Labs.

In Exhibit Room 314, there will be the fabulous Vinnie Rossi LIO components along the Volti Audio Alura loudspeakers. We will have a killer Acoustic Signature turntable in the mix. Once again, the entire Cable Loom will be by Triode Wire Labs.

I hope to see some of you there!

Cheers,
Pete
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2016, 09:34 pm by Triode Pete »

KLH007

Re: Triode Wire Labs Exhibiting at AXPONA-Chicago, April 15 - 17
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2016, 05:28 am »
Nice Pete, 2 rooms with great equipment that should sound wonderful, have a good AXPONA!

Triode Pete

AXPONA Show Guide , April 15 - 17
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2016, 05:59 pm »
For all AC members viewing pleasure, an Advance Copy of the upcoming AXPONA Show Guide here... http://www.jdevents.com/Uploads/AXPONA2016/AXPONA_EG_032816LR.PDF

Check out Page 67!

Enjoy,
Pete

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: AXPONA Show Guide, April 15 - 17
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2016, 07:28 pm »
   Good luck. Should sound great. Even without my Ubers and Digibuss.

charles

Triode Pete

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2016, 12:43 am »
   Good luck. Should sound great. Even without my Ubers and Digibuss.

charles

charles,
Bringing my own and Dave Elledge has shipped us another super-duper UberBUSS wired internally with TWL wire!

Will be awesome!

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

AXPONA pics, Day 1
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2016, 02:36 pm »
Having a great musical time... Pretty large crowds yesterday for "opening day". Tough to catch elevator this morning already!

Cheers,
Pete

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2016, 03:28 pm »
 :green: :weights:

Best,

Anand.

Triode Pete

Re: 2016 AXPONA Show, April 15 - 17
« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2016, 09:37 pm »
Some Stereophile feedback from the Vinnie Rossi, Volti Audio & Triode Wire Labs room...

A winning system came in the form of hand-built-in-Maine Volti Audio Alura 99dB-sensitive loudspeakers ($15,900/pair), Vinnie Rossi LIO ultracapacitor-powered integrated amplifier with phono stage and DAC ($10,470 as configured), Acoustic Signature Challenger MKIII turntable ($4995) with TA-1000 arm ($1500), and the world-premiere appearance of Triode Wire Labs' Gold Statement power cord ($999), along with other Triode Wire Labs power cords and cables. Ella sounded gorgeous on her "April in Paris" duet with Louis Armstrong, with fabulous soundstaging but exaggerated sibilants on consonants. I could really hear how Satchmo's trumpet and vocals seemed all of one piece (as in: the product of the same musical intelligence and inspiration), and marvel at the natural timbral contrast between trumpet and piano.

Folsom

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2016, 02:08 am »
This was one of the only good sounding systems in the show. It wasn't fatiguing, which seemed like a theme of the whole show.

Pete noticed I had a CD and it went in, so I got to evaluate the system better than many at the show. (but I didn't want to with a lot of them)

The horns are very friendly to hear. And it sounds like the DAC in the VIO is good, the volume control was potentially near perfectly transparent - as one would expect - and the amp was decent.

It's hard to comment on Pete's wires. It's not easy to discern it all from a single system so forgive me on that. Given the sound in the room I'm sure they beat many products that cost less and more.

Overall I think the VIO is a great one stop product. If you want to downsize it's a good answer for anyone that needs to have no fatigue listening as a number one concern. The super caps are much better than batteries, but not quite as capable as AC. The problem is that AC is so much more complicated to get to the same low fatigue level.

Did I hear anything better? Yes, but for example the MSB room while better didn't have any single appliance in the room that cost less than the entire room of equipment with the VIO, Triode, and Volti.

The Volti downstairs had bass that sounded too wrong to be considered good at all. It's impossible to imagine who would take that system over the VIO/Triode room; which was one of the best at the show.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016, 04:02 pm by Folsom »

BobRex

« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2016, 12:44 pm »
Just out of curiosity, where were the power cords used?

TomS

« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2016, 01:10 pm »
It's certainly not required on the LIO   :green:

Triode Pete

« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2016, 01:31 pm »

In Room 314 (Vinnie Rossi, Volti & TWL), the newly debuted "Gold Statement" power cord powered the PI Audio UberBUSS. A "Seven Plus" powered the Directly Heated Triodes (DHT) power supply for the LIO and a "Ten Plus" on the turntable. A pretty simple system that sounded great!

In the large Dearborn room, Greg Roberts brought his own Triode Wire Labs cable loom (PC's, speaker cables & IC's) for the majority of the room. Greg's power cables included a HP Digital American on his personal UberBUSS, four 7+'s for the BorderPatrol EXS power supplies and the ELF (Extended Low Frequency) Marchand amplifiers and a 10+ for the BorderPatrol preamp. I brought a "Gold Statement" power cord for the special PI Audio UberBUSS (wired internally with TWL wire), a couple Digital Americans for the DAC, transport & BorderPatrol pre power supply as well as 10+ for the turntable motor. Lots of cabling in this room!

Cheers,
Pete

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2016, 01:35 pm »
I can't imagine the 7+ is really doing anything for the LIO though.  Right?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2016, 01:43 pm »
Congrats Pete.

Triode Pete

« Reply #14 on: 19 Apr 2016, 01:44 pm »
I can't imagine the 7+ is really doing anything for the LIO though.  Right?

The "Seven Plus" was used on a separate regulated power supply (designed & built by Vinnie Rossi) just for the DHTs (300B's in this case) used for the preamplifier section only. Using DHT's on a preamp section can be very tricky because of noise issues.

All I know is the system was "DEAD QUIET / SILENT" at idle & at elevated volume levels when the source was paused. This is not an easy thing to do when you have highly sensitive speakers such as the Volti Alura's (99 dB / 1m / 1 watt)...

Perhaps this question is best answered by Vinnie on his circle...

My $0.02,
Pete

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 19 Apr 2016, 01:51 pm »
The "Seven Plus" was used on a separate regulated power supply (designed & built by Vinnie Rossi) just for the DHTs (300B's in this case) used for the preamplifier section only. Using DHT's on a preamp section can be very tricky because of noise issues.

All I know is the system was "DEAD QUIET / SILENT" at idle & at elevated volume levels when the source was paused. This is not an easy thing to do when you have highly sensitive speakers such as the Volti Alura's (99 dB / 1m / 1 watt)...

Perhaps this question is best answered by Vinnie on his circle...

My $0.02,
Pete
Ah, I had no idea the DHT's required a separate power supply.  Is it internal to the LIO? 

Triode Pete

« Reply #16 on: 19 Apr 2016, 02:15 pm »
Ah, I had no idea the DHT's required a separate power supply.  Is it internal to the LIO?

It is external... See picture below. It's located on the lowest part of the rack on the left side (with red beacon light). The battery-powered transport is on the lower right side... I would ask Vinnie for details, if interested, on his circle...

BobRex

« Reply #17 on: 19 Apr 2016, 02:36 pm »

Vinnie has alluded to using a linear supply, replacing the small transformer currently supplying the DC, for the DHT upgrade, and I was just curious if the cord would make a difference.

TomS

« Reply #18 on: 19 Apr 2016, 03:40 pm »
Vinnie has alluded to using a linear supply, replacing the small transformer currently supplying the DC, for the DHT upgrade, and I was just curious if the cord would make a difference.
Ah yes, didn't consider that DHT heater supply, which my LIO doesn't have. Totally off the grid in my case.

Gopher

« Reply #19 on: 19 Apr 2016, 03:43 pm »
Killer rooms as always, Pete! 

I'm glad I was able to break away from the chaos for a bit to spend some time hanging in your rooms.  Really fabulous stuff and your products have come a long way.  Awesome!

Also loved those tubes standing majestically on Vinnies' amp.