New Product: NoiseBuss

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
New Product: NoiseBuss
« on: 24 Oct 2013, 10:56 pm »
Tell us more about it?   ;)

DC on the lines is becoming increasingly common, especially in areas with swimming pools, hot tubs any half wave electrical heater that will unbalance a line.I have a product that has been in development for a year.  Hard to make one that doesn't screw mightily with the SQ.

It's close.

Dave

jparkhur

Re: New Product: NoiseBuss
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm »
Bueller.......Bueller..........Buelller ....  Dave......

:)

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2013, 05:17 pm »
There are several ways of getting the DC problem licked, BUT most of them son't sound very good.

Rod Elliott"s desription of the how's and the what' is a very good place to start: http://sound.westhost.com/articles/xfmr-dc.htm#dc1

The primary issue is finding elements that are of sufficient quality to be deemed audiophool certified.

There is also the problem with current limiting.  I'm contemplating using multiple parallel components to get the rise times and instantaneous power needed.  The unit will offer some filtration and I am thinking about incorporating surge protection into the package.  Kind of a pre-BUSS Station

Dave

doctorcilantro

« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2013, 05:51 pm »
I'd be really interested in something like this. So many options out there and so much ambiguity.

I'm just running into a basic Furman powerstrip right now, and I just have a little hum on my speakers, transformer hums a bit etc.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2013, 03:42 am »
I'd be really interested in something like this. So many options out there and so much ambiguity.

I'm just running into a basic Furman powerstrip right now, and I just have a little hum on my speakers, transformer hums a bit etc.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum.
Intrinsic hum is the beast we all battle.  All too often it is inherent in the gear that we have and we have no concept of the individual grounding schemes used for whatever reason and the problem is exacerbated by the many "You gotta buy this box!" to fix it and it doesn't.  That is the way of the commercial world.  All too often they will give a high $$$, BUY this cure to fix this and it is generally B.S.

Stay tooned.  There are good things a-comin'...

D

doctorcilantro

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2013, 05:58 am »
Will it be a DC blocker as well that we could use in front of AC regenerator?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2013, 04:05 pm »
Will it be a DC blocker as well that we could use in front of AC regenerator?
Yessir! :thumb:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2013, 04:14 pm »
  Sounds like a plan to me. I'm Uber Dubbered and loving it. Would give it go when it comes out. There is a very good reason we used the Ubers at our show events. Clean power without restriction of dynamics or changes to tone or timbre of sound .
   When ????

charles

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar 2014, 07:55 pm »
Well, I think I have found the proper component to do the DC blocking job.  I will be testing it over the next few days and then know for sure if it will meet my standards.  Results of my testing are forthcoming.

Got me fingers crossed, have I  :D

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: New Product: NoiseBuss... or: the BUSS-Station
« Reply #9 on: 1 Apr 2014, 02:09 am »
Well, I think I have found the proper component to do the DC blocking job.  I will be testing it over the next few days and then know for sure if it will meet my standards.  Results of my testing are forthcoming.

Got me fingers crossed, have I  :D

Dave
OK.  I have found the proper parts to do the job of DC blocking.  These are not your standard, run-of-the-mill parts that we see used in DC blockers that are available.  I serched for quite a while to find the proper parts to build a hum eliminator that is virtually silent in use. 

Too many of the available solutions reduce the dynamics of the music by rounding off the leading edge transients and making things sound a tad on the  s  l  o  w  side.  Also, there is a coloration from the DC trapping capacitors that I don't like.  Hopefully I have found the solution.  I have a couple of betas out and will get other people's opinions and observations before I bring it to market. 

I am using high speed, premium parts with staggering current handling capabilities and they don't come cheap.  Pricing is TBD.  I will not sell an underperformer just to meet a price point.   :nono:

You can help me by telling me how much you think something like this should cost.  I will not invest in something that won't sell because of cost to the end user.  I'm not that kind of guy.  I just need to get some feedback on what ya'll think.  Ponder this and let me know.

Dave

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 1 Apr 2014, 03:14 am »
Email sent.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 1 Apr 2014, 07:55 am »
Hey Dave,

Could you list the important aspects of such a device? Are there any sonic gains to be had from this or will it be primarily for quieting noisy transformers/conditioners etc.?

mdconnelly

« Reply #12 on: 2 Apr 2014, 01:15 pm »
Dave,  we talked about this problem a good while back.  Since then, I've gone thru a remodeling job, have an entire new circuit breaker box, new breakers, whole-house surge protection and a new 20a dedicated circuit.  All good stuff done for numerous remodeling reasons.  But guess what, there is still an Uberbuzz - often faint and occasionally disappears completely - but always returns.   I suspect it's just the nature of living in a very old neighborhood with very old wiring all strung up on polls.

Yes, I definitely want to try it as long as it doesn't break the bank.  Hit us with your best shot and let's see if it sticks  :thumb:

mdconnelly

« Reply #13 on: 2 Apr 2014, 01:19 pm »
Dave, I also meant to ask - is this something you could actually build into an UberBuss or does its size require a separate box?   
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2014, 12:30 am by mdconnelly »

firedog

« Reply #14 on: 4 Apr 2014, 06:31 am »
Any idea when pricing will be known and the device will be available?

doctorcilantro

« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2014, 07:23 pm »
I too am interested. After changing hifi to a different power leg all was well, but after a huge storm the buzz has returned to my PS Audio P3 and comes right out of my monitors.

I can't ship over a giant isolation tranny...waiting to hear what Dave comes up with.

jriggy

« Reply #16 on: 24 Oct 2014, 03:08 pm »
Hi Dave,

Do you have a DC blocker you can sell me?

How did this turn out?

Thanks
 Jason