Local Auditions?

ABlakeG

Local Auditions?
« on: 31 Jul 2004, 04:18 am »
Hey there. I wanted to say that I am very interested in your speakers. Specifically the Jag/LFM combo. I have two questions, though. First off, is there some way that you can put people in touch with local owners? If I was considering a smaller set of speakers, I would have no problem buying them to try out -- but I am a little leary of testing UPS's might twice, should I turn out not to like them. VMPS has a sticky in their forum for interested owners to post their equipment list -- just a suggestion. Secondly, do you sell the Jaguar in eaches? It seems like the perfect center channel for a Jag/LFM combo would be another Jag... but I do not see it on your website. Last (oops, third question) what kind of power requirements do you recommend for the combo? I know that the powered subs go a long way in reducing that, but what do you use as a reference amp?

I currently run Dynaudio Confidence 2s, and am kind of doing early legwork for a speaker upgrade later this year.

Thanks for looking, and welcome to Audiocircle.

Blake

Mike Dzurko

Re: Local Auditions?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2004, 12:54 pm »
Quote from: ABlakeG
Hey there. I wanted to say that I am very interested in your speakers. Specifically the Jag/LFM combo. I have two questions, though. First off, is there some way that you can put people in touch with local owners? If I was considering a smaller set of speakers, I would have no problem buying them to try out -- but I am a little leary of testing UPS's might twice, should I turn out not to like them. VMPS has a sticky in their forum for interested owners to post their equipment list -- just a suggestion. Seco ...

Blake:

The idea of a sticky where owners can post their systems is a very good one. I'll have to check it out. We've been asked countless times about this very topic and I've always felt strongly about customer privacy so the answer was "no".  However, with this forum, those who do wish to demo their ACI systems can certainly do so, when time, etc. permits. I will look for other input on how this can best be accomplished.

I also want to mention that we have the use of a fine showroom here in Western Wisconsin. I'm happy to set up appointments and most of our systems are available for listening. We're about 2 1/2 hours from the Twin Cities, and around 5 hours from Chicago. The La Crosse area is a nice place to visit :) Thanks Blake, I'll start doing some checking on how to setup a sticky, etc.