Atlantic vs Big7 Sound

findog3103

Re: Atlantic vs Big7 Sound
« Reply #20 on: 17 Aug 2017, 09:15 pm »

All that said though just a few days after returning from the comparison I remember thinking the Atlantic in my system sounds pretty damn good and I forgot all about the Big 7 and its prowess. Hard to go wrong with either.

The tube recti with superclocks sounds wonderful, Tommy.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #21 on: 17 Aug 2017, 10:02 pm »
Hi, Tommy!

I should have guessed it was you when I saw where genjamon lives. Lol! Okay, I didn't know you have an Atlantic.

My impression is that the Big7 almost is designed for the tube rolling audiophile who doesn't mind shelling out another $2k for tubes to tweak the sound to their liking. I don't know if that's accurate. My further impression is that an Atlantic (in one form or another) would more than satisfy my needs.

Now, I need to decide which options I want. I know I want the rectifier option. I don't need volume (or should I say I believe it unnecessary since I've got a very nice preamp?). Balanced? Perhaps. Superclocks? Dunno.

I suppose if someone (like Gopher/Rob) came along and mentioned some kind gentleman had traded in his Atlantic DAC for a Pacific DAC, and that I could buy the Atlantic DAC with an upgrade or two thrown in for a tempting price, I just might be tempted to go crazy and buy such DAC. BWTHDIK? All hypothetical, of course.

:eyebrows:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #22 on: 17 Aug 2017, 10:27 pm »

I suppose if someone (like Gopher/Rob) came along and mentioned some kind gentleman had traded in his Atlantic DAC for a Pacific DAC, and that I could buy the Atlantic DAC with an upgrade or two thrown in for a tempting price, I just might be tempted to go crazy and buy such DAC. BWTHDIK? All hypothetical, of course.

:eyebrows:

I like to imagine when Fred opens his pm I sent him he'll reply with..." Congratulations Tom! You're the 1000th customer to inquire about upgrading their Lampizator dac, you win a free upgrade!"

It's nice to dream... :lol: