LS 36.5 remote

Goosepond

• Virna!
LS 36.5 remote
« on: 19 Jan 2015, 05:18 pm »
Well, I feel rather dumb for having this problem but it is what it is. I've got the small silver plastic remote with the blue top,. It only has buttons for Volume, Mute and Phase. Ever since I've had it, I've attempted to open it up to check on the batteries but was never successful.

So now I'm determined to open it up. But for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Let's call it just one of my recent senior moments.  :green:

There is a small tab that should either be pushed down or slid sideways, etc. But it doesn't move very willingly and I don't want to break it. Also, looking at the joints in the plastic shell, I'm not sure whether part of it will open up or slide to reveal the batteries.

I just know someone has solved this and can't wait to show up my dumbness.

I already feel dumb and defeated so let's hear it. Please!  :thumb:

Thanks,

Gene

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: LS 36.5 remote
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2015, 06:06 pm »
Take the remote and turn it over so tabbed area is toward the top (same as if you were looking at the front of the remote, top being volume + and mute).  Simply get a finger nail in and push tab down (that's the reason there is an open area below it, to allow it to be pushed downward) while pulling the cover toward you, off.  There are two plastic hinges at the bottom that simply sit in the slots. 

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: LS 36.5 remote
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2015, 06:23 pm »
Thanks Ted.

It worked but I had to use 2 small screwdrivers. There's no way I can do it with my fingernail.

And sure enough one of the AAA's was a bit corroded.

Gene