FS: Thiel Audio SS1 SmartSub - $1350 (SOLD)

cal3713

FS: Thiel Audio SS1 SmartSub - $1350 (SOLD)
« on: 29 Jan 2015, 07:47 pm »
******************* SOLD **********************

Up for sale is my Thiel SmartSub SS1 in beautiful Amberwood.  New price: $3400.  Asking Price:  $1350 (formerly $1500)

One of the most musical subs available, this subwoofer is never boomy, instead presenting tightly controlled bass down to 10Hz (16Hz via LFE).  It integrates seamlessly with both two-channel and home theater systems, allowing you to use either an LFE (user controlled variable amplification) or XLR input (single amplification level).  It also includes a brilliant integration system, allowing you to perfectly tune the sub’s phase alignment by selecting the distance between the sub and the side and back walls of your room.  It is powered by an internal 500W linear class-A/B amplifier.

When reviewed by Stereophile, Wes Phillips said, “Intelligently integrating real bass into the sound of a beloved loudspeaker is something that might enter that much-mythologized territory of ‘more important than money.’ Actually, in the face of that kind of musical bliss, money doesn't really seem like all that much to ask.”  [http://www.stereophile.com/subwoofers/1105smartsub/]

I am the second owner of this wonderful sub.  When I received it, it came in a non-standard shipping carton that UPS dropped, denting and scratching the sub’s exterior.  I have had professionally refinished and have also sent it to Thiel for a thorough checkup (passed with flying colors), at which time I purchased the original Thiel packing materials and box.  I have rated it a conservative 7, as you can see evidence of some of the finishing repairs if you get a couple inches away from the veneer and nitpick.  From a foot away, it is perfect.

To see the most accurate sample of the beautiful Amberwood color, see the sub’s Crutchfield ad:  http://www.crutchfield.com/S-447M8QU0vHz/p_684SS1AM/THIEL-SmartSub-SS1-Amberwood.html

Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees.  See my perfect feedback on Agon under cal3713.  Please contact me if you have any questions.   

- Chris

« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2015, 03:22 pm by cal3713 »

cal3713

Re: FS: Thiel Audio SS1 SmartSub - $1500
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2015, 09:50 pm »
Shipping weight is 66lbs in 25" X 20" X 16" original factory box.  Ships from 80302.

cal3713

Re: FS: Thiel Audio SS1 SmartSub - $1350
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2015, 04:46 pm »
Price drop to $1350.

cal3713

Re: FS: Thiel Audio SS1 SmartSub - $1350
« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2015, 08:12 pm »
And a bump.