VSA VR-5 Anniversary MK 2-What are using between the Bass module and M/T module

Audiophile

Hi all,

What are you using between the Bass and M/T modules of your  VSA speakers? I’m currently using Herbie’s Von Schweikert Special: For module decoupling, eight Big Fat Dots plus two Square Fat Dots.

I’m thinking about Stillpoints mini’s.

Thanks

Delacroix

Hi Audiophile

there's some discussion of this from an earlier thread here which you might find useful: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=128750.msg1380623#msg1380623

I still use Aurios bearings that I picked up a few years back. I tried them for fun, liked the effect and have left them there. Not sure these are made anymore but there are similar types of isolation footers out there worth experimenting with if you can get them at a reasonable cost. I remember some folks recommending Stillpoints and am sure these would sound good too.  This reminds me that it might be time to go back to the original upper feet to see if I still hear it the same....

best

P

Audiophile

Hi Audiophile

there's some discussion of this from an earlier thread here which you might find useful: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=128750.msg1380623#msg1380623

I still use Aurios bearings that I picked up a few years back. I tried them for fun, liked the effect and have left them there. Not sure these are made anymore but there are similar types of isolation footers out there worth experimenting with if you can get them at a reasonable cost. I remember some folks recommending Stillpoints and am sure these would sound good too.  This reminds me that it might be time to go back to the original upper feet to see if I still hear it the same....

best

P

Thanks Patrick!

Paul

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
..1/2” sorbothane pucks...5 per speaker purchased thru Amazon for peanuts...pretty dramatic improvement
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2018, 11:15 pm by es347 »