A simple plumbing repair takes an odd turn

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
A simple plumbing repair takes an odd turn
« on: 14 Oct 2017, 06:46 pm »
My daughter..... My sweet.... innocent.... daughter.... (remember her from the speaker build thread?) channeled her inner "Wednesday Adams" and wrote this note. In order to fix a bathroom plumbing issue, I gained access to the pipes through the drywall in her room. This is the note (sealed in a ziplock bag) and bloody claw marks (made with fingernail polish) she wanted preserved inside the wall. Someday, a long time from now, somebody will need to perform a plumbing repair and this is what they'll find.

Part of me is proud, part of me is slightly.... concerned.  :lol:

jpm

Re: A simple plumbing repair takes an odd turn
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2017, 07:01 pm »
I definitely appreciate a crafty and slightly twisted sense of humor - you should be proud Bob!  The icing on the cake could have been using cut out newspaper letters (while we can still get them).

Another part of me is wondering why there are shut off valves in a sealed area but then I'm not a plumber, just a home / RV owner who refuses to buy plumbers a new Ferrari each year!

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2017, 07:05 pm »
Bob,

That is funny and sweet.   :lol:  The smiley face is a nice touch.

I am having a new electrical service installed at the house I am selling.  That includes installing a new Christy box for underground connections. The box will be on my neighbors property because two houses are connected at each box.  My electrician dug up a cat my neighbors had buried. Should I put the cat in the box?  FYI, the cat was black.

Schrödinger’s Cat does not apply here. The cat is definitely dead.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2017, 07:06 pm »

...Another part of me is wondering why there are shut off valves in a sealed area but then I'm not a plumber, just a home / RV owner who refuses to buy plumbers a new Ferrari each year!
Duh, obviously they are for the ghost to cut off the water and turn it on again.  Sheesh, pay attention!

Our daughters are complex little creatures, even at tender ages.  They just get more so.  Mine is now mostly grown up at 32.  But she says the same about me at 65.  You've got a long way to go yet, Bob.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2017, 07:08 pm »
Abbie, you ROCK.  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2017, 07:53 pm »
You are a sick bastard, Bob, so you should be especially proud how Abbie takes inspiration from you!

Kinda brings a tear to my eye.   :cry:

Back to the plumbing...why seal shut-off valves in a wall?    :scratch:

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2017, 12:36 am »
I love your daughters sense of humor.

While we've got the house and yard torn up, before we back fill, I REALLY want to strategically place a couple of plastic skeletons in the planter beds. I'll know where they are but when decrepitude sets in and we sell the house, I would pay BIG money to see the new owners screaming in horror when they dig the first one up.

2bigears

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2017, 12:49 am »
 :D funny stuff.  Love it,,,,,, :D

lowtech

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2017, 07:50 am »

Speaking of sense, is your avatar using a bumpstock on that AR?  Perhaps not very humorous to some folks given recent events.

Randy

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2017, 01:27 pm »
I assume you will leave the note in place when you are finished with the repair.
As an retired teacher, I am well aware that a girl's behavior at that age can be delightful one second, and maddening the next. I've saved a few written examples of both from my teaching days.

dflee

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2017, 01:36 pm »
Is the letter a cross between printing and cursive? It is interesting.
Help with a smiley face is just a little creepy though.

Don

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2017, 02:03 pm »

While we've got the house and yard torn up, before we back fill, I REALLY want to strategically place a couple of plastic skeletons in the planter beds. I'll know where they are but when decrepitude sets in and we sell the house, I would pay BIG money to see the new owners screaming in horror when they dig the first one up.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

avta

« Reply #12 on: 15 Oct 2017, 02:27 pm »
I suspect your daughter is speaking to you. As an adolescent she is pondering one of life's important events.. death. Her's, yours her mother's etc. Speak to her about the note and ask if she was thinking about death. See what is on her mind. Girls are more introspective than boys especially at this age. She will see you in a different way if you are able to engage this with her.

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #13 on: 15 Oct 2017, 07:29 pm »

I saw on one of the home improvement/flip your house shows something similar but more sinister.  The previous tenants had placed 2 halloween skeletons at the back of a dark, pain the to access crawlspace under the house.  The police had to be called to look into it.  :icon_twisted:

Scott F.

« Reply #14 on: 15 Oct 2017, 08:22 pm »
I saw on one of the home improvement/flip your house shows something similar but more sinister.  The previous tenants had placed 2 halloween skeletons at the back of a dark, pain the to access crawlspace under the house.  The police had to be called to look into it.  :icon_twisted:

Pretty funny. I haven't seen that show but that is the reaction I'm looking for.

....sorry, I've got a twisted sense of humor sometimes.