Mice in the house / Part 2

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Re: Mice in the house / Part 2
« Reply #40 on: 12 Oct 2017, 11:21 pm »
But on August 18 of 2016, I bought four of the ultrasonic repellents, and I've not captured or killed a mouse, nor have I seen any evidence of mice in the house since.

As a counterpoint, I have had zero luck with the ultrasonic repellents, but it caused the dog to stress out and get anxious to the point that she was biting her paws.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #41 on: 12 Oct 2017, 11:36 pm »
As a counterpoint, I have had zero luck with the ultrasonic repellents, but it caused the dog to stress out and get anxious to the point that she was biting her paws.
If it's affecting the "desired" animals, then yea... it must go.
I would also mention that despite the claims of chasing away various types of insects, I can honestly say it made zero difference.  :roll:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #42 on: 13 Oct 2017, 12:21 am »
... I would also mention that despite the claims of chasing away various types of insects, I can honestly say it made zero difference.  :roll:

How about spiders?

Years ago I had a girlfriend living here that insisted ultrasonic devices must be installed in each room. Haven't seen a spider in the house since. Not even cobwebs.

The best part is that she left, too.  :D

Have fun,

Jerry

stlrman

« Reply #43 on: 13 Oct 2017, 12:41 am »
Thanks guys!
I have the ultra sonic thingies in the Kitchen, but I was catching lots of mice in the kitchen.
Is there a best sonic device? And I need them in every room ?
Thanks!!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #44 on: 13 Oct 2017, 12:56 am »
We've got spiders here. Little ones, medium ones, and some large enough they're worth of display in the zoo (or a shotgun blast).
As far as disbursement, I've got 8 in an 1800 square foot house, mainfloor and basement, I guess that works out to about every other room or so?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #45 on: 13 Oct 2017, 02:52 am »
For spiders, spray with Demon insecticide- available at feed and farm stores. Spray in the late spring and you are good for the season.