Alien: Covenant

WGH

Alien: Covenant
« on: 31 May 2017, 02:10 am »
Alien: Covenant goes back to basics with this second installment of the alien prequel trilogy. Some of the back story is filled in with plenty of fast paced action scenes. Not as shocking as the first Alien but the horror element is about the same. Looking for a critical review? Forget about it - this is Alien directed by Ridley Scott - it's excellent and you have to see it. Alien: Covenant also has a fun homage to the original film and the entire theater nervously laughed because we all knew what would happen next. I highly recommend re-watching Prometheus before seeing Covenant to get the full effect.

Wayne

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Alien: Covenant
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2017, 04:05 am »
I loved Prometheus so I was stoked for Covenant.  Unfortunately I was very disappointed.  There's plenty of gore but this time around it felt by-the-numbers to me.  Very predictable, too. *** Spoiler Alert! *** There couldn't a single person in the theater that didn't see the "twist" David/Walter switch coming. :duh:  The events of the film could have only occurred if every intelligent, highly trained astronaut chose the stupidest possible option at every turn- David's machinations required the most gullible rubes in the galaxy, and unfortunately he found them in the crew of the Covenant.

The cast was good, the effects were nice and the creatures were okay (although a bit unimaginative this time; could they find nothing to add or expand upon with Giger's original nightmares?) but to me it fell flat.

Not recommended, and I'm not even sure I'll watch the next installment if there is one.  YMMV or course.