Amp for OB sub

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
Re: Amp for OB sub
« Reply #20 on: 3 May 2017, 05:22 pm »

There is zero context of at what frequency his sim is calculation SPL and extension. That appears to be a table showing what the midband sensitivity loss of air mass loading the driver will be. That is not a sim of flat vs H and has zero dimensions or relevance. You have no clue what you are referencing.

nicoch

« Reply #21 on: 3 May 2017, 05:29 pm »
fell free to contest the work of MJK ....the conclusion is clear ...a lot...is your problem!
you need 200w for H baffle vs 100w flat

JohnR

« Reply #22 on: 3 May 2017, 06:10 pm »
I think you should read the paper more carefully - he is not comparing baffles of the same size.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2017, 06:29 pm »
JL Audio 12WXv2, flat 13.5" x47" baffle, Yung SD200-6 plate amp, mic 1m, 6" off floor
vs same baffle with 12" side wings (no top). Same drive level, Yung set at 200hz max low pass, measured 2 minutes ago

:duh:
 :lol:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #24 on: 3 May 2017, 07:00 pm »
I think you should read the paper more carefully - he is not comparing baffles of the same size.
If I were to guess what MJK is referring to, it's the simulated loss of midband sensitivity from increasing the parasitic air mass load on the cone when placed in a TL (the H duct). Nicoch has clearly demonstrated no knowledge of basic physics and is misreading and misleading, bigly  :D

mystikl, your driver has a bit higher Qts, but should perform quite similarly as shown above.
Really comes down to what dimensions for the H frame you want...and whether you opt for the Yung