A few jaw dropping features of Omnia

slash71

Re: A few jaw dropping features of Omnia
« Reply #60 on: 15 Jul 2017, 09:30 am »
CDP-9 MSRP is $1595.
Omnia S1 is expected to retail for $649 (unlike Omnia SP1, it has no DAC inside) and output to coaxial, HDMI (for i2S).

hi rustydog,
omnia s1 support external  dac usb ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #61 on: 16 Jul 2017, 05:14 pm »
I am not clear about your question. Omnia has a coaxial output for external DAC.
It is not a USB DAC to connect to computer, we already have other USB DACs that do that. Omnia replaces a computer, media server, and player.

slash71

« Reply #62 on: 17 Jul 2017, 12:08 pm »
I am not clear about your question. Omnia has a coaxial output for external DAC.
It is not a USB DAC to connect to computer, we already have other USB DACs that do that. Omnia replaces a computer, media server, and player.

I have both the big brother DAC-10H  and  uDSD  ,  the little one is in my project lab to test USB virtualisation protocol for audio ...

some DAC does coax but some DAC's doesn't    ,  uDSD for example cannot be used with Omnia S1 ?

Thanks.
Enrico

rustydoglim

« Reply #63 on: 17 Jul 2017, 06:21 pm »
uDSD is meant to be a USB audio DAC.
It is not a general purpose DAC.

DanM66

« Reply #64 on: 15 Sep 2017, 12:06 am »
Any news on the Omnia release?

rustydoglim

« Reply #65 on: 15 Sep 2017, 04:14 pm »
The player+dock has been pushed out to next year, instead we are focusing on Omnia S1 (i.e. a server version without the screen) before end of the year, but you can connect the HDMI to monitor, USB to keyboard and mouse, so you can still run streaming apps etc on the server.
The player consumes too much power and play time is not ideal, it gets hot too, so we don't want to release it. On hindsight, trying to release a player that run as a server is a little too challenging for us.

Omnia S1 would work better with the other products within the family.