Future of Rock in good hands

Mag

Future of Rock in good hands
« on: 19 Mar 2017, 06:08 pm »
I was glued to Youtube watching these incredible female guitar shredders and drummers.

Can these girls play, and I imagine these are only the tip of the iceberg of talent that is out there.

Here are sample videos:

Shredders:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgdRoBluNPk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LtrEofslrw

Drummers:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKEkAk_CHMI

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Future of Rock in good hands
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2017, 07:19 pm »
Videos 1 and 2 are dubbing, there is a recording playing back, the girls may be playing nothing. There is myriades of these videos in YT.

wushuliu

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2017, 11:03 pm »
Videos 1 and 2 are dubbing, there is a recording playing back, the girls may be playing nothing. There is myriades of these videos in YT.

:wtf:

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2017, 11:11 pm »

You maybe right, I watched these videos carefully and didn't think they were dubbing.

I use to practice playing my drums to music so it is something I would do, even with a guitar.

wushuliu

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2017, 11:37 pm »
You maybe right, I watched these videos carefully and didn't think they were dubbing.

I use to practice playing my drums to music so it is something I would do, even with a guitar.

It's what everyone does. If they are playing nothing, that's the best non-playing fake fingerwork I've ever seen.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2017, 12:04 am »

Thank you for your understanding, I mentioning it only because it was very apparent to me, although there are some videos young performers are playing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF7DPveRuGY

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2017, 04:34 pm »
Anytime I hear the words "Female Drummer", I think of Meytal Cohen. :drums:
She's got 6.5 million views. I'm personally responsible for a large number of those.  :oops:  :icon_twisted:  8) 

https://youtu.be/4Yw8aaqnnrg

p.s. That look she gives at 3:36 is the "I know what you're thinking" look.  :wink: