Okay all of you nay sayers, flat Earthers, etc.

Danny Richie

Re: Okay all of you nay sayers, flat Earthers, etc.
« Reply #300 on: 6 May 2011, 06:59 pm »
It is, Danny. I assumed you knew about it, they came out of box that way. I can do a "vacuum restoration" if you like.

This is the first I have heard about it. If you can do a little vacuum restoration that will be appreciated.

dvenardos

« Reply #301 on: 6 May 2011, 11:43 pm »
It didn't go into the box that way. Was the box punched? The foam only covers the top and bottom of the speaker it doesn't enclose the entire speaker.

It is, Danny. I assumed you knew about it, they came out of box that way. I can do a "vacuum restoration" if you like.

Danny Richie

« Reply #302 on: 7 May 2011, 12:44 am »
And thanks for posting the feedback Peter.

Steve

« Reply #303 on: 13 May 2011, 09:08 pm »
My Conclusions: There is a difference; it’s not in your (or at least my) face to be sure, but I can hear differences when listening carefully.

What am I hearing? .........

The original network sounds a little “wooly” in comparison, a bit less detail or clarity perhaps, “inner detail” is the best I can think of. I wouldn’t put it on a gross scale, but rather the “edges” of the music are better defined.

Yep sounds about right in your description. The change in DA (lack of instantaneous release of electrons from the insulator) and ESR (Equivalent series resistance or lack of instantaneous charge/discharge of a capacitor) will cause exactly what you describe. Lack of inner detail, "slurred" attack and inaccurate decay times, Wooly all describe what occurs when DA and ESR etc change.

Nice description Peter.

Steve

stu

« Reply #304 on: 15 May 2011, 08:13 pm »
Hi Danny,

I was out of town flying all week and got home yesterday to find that the speakers had been delivered.  Thanks for the fast service!  I will be testing them this afternoon, but they appear to have made the shipping adventure without any problem.  I am going to try to get a demo set up at the next meeting of the Audio-Video Club of Atlanta (A-VOCA), which happens next Sunday.  However, there are two problems that I am facing with that.  The first is that I am out flying again that day, so I would have to get someone else to run the demo, but that should not  be a hard to do.  The other thing is that a program has already been set for next week, so I will have to check to see if there would be time available at the meeting to do the demo.  It may be too short of a notice, and I may have to wait until next month's meeting.  I will let you know.  Also, do you have a ballpark figure on what the cost of each network would be so I can give people some idea of how much more the upgrade would cost.

Thanks again,  I look forward to trying them.

Mark

stu

« Reply #305 on: 22 Jun 2011, 03:00 am »
Hi Danny,

Had some guys over from the A-VOCA today to listen to the speakers.  All 3 could pick out the improvements from the upgraded crossover easily.  They also enjoyed my LS-9's after the demo  :thumb:.  Sunday we are having a larger gathering of about 15 guys hopefully.  I will not be at that meeting (headed to Alaska for 10 days), but one of the guys is going to take notes and I will report the results when I get back.  I will also check with you to find out where you want me to send the speakers next.

Thanks for letting us have the opportunity to show some of our members the benefits of upgrading crossovers.

Take care,
Mark

Rclark

« Reply #306 on: 22 Jun 2011, 03:10 am »
id love to try these. Hey Danny im curious which you think is better, the upgraded behringer or the upgraded insignia?

But yeah I'd love to try these too to understand a direct a-b comparison of networks.

Danny Richie

« Reply #307 on: 22 Jun 2011, 03:14 am »
Thanks Mark!

id love to try these. Hey Danny im curious which you think is better, the upgraded behringer or the upgraded insignia?

But yeah I'd love to try these too to understand a direct a-b comparison of networks.

I'd say those two were about even. I think Behringer has about 3db higher sensitivity though.

You can be next to try them if you like.

dvenardos

« Reply #308 on: 28 Jun 2011, 02:26 am »

Haven't heard the insignia, but the Neo 2X is in a completely different league than the upgraded behringer.

Rclark

« Reply #309 on: 29 Jun 2011, 09:14 am »
I've just finished the Inignia upgrade kit and I am mightily impressed. I'll be posting a thread soon. I'd like to spend a few months getting used to this before I jump to N3, which is next for me.

Danny I am no longer interested in the Behringers. I am convinced of the importance of crossovers by your Insignia kit, I don't need to hear this experiment of yours. Send them to the next guy.

stu

« Reply #310 on: 13 Jul 2011, 09:36 pm »
Hi Danny,

I am back from Alaska, and I met yesterday with John Morrison, president of the A-VCOA.  He did the demo for the group of guys while I was gone.  I think they had 10 people at the gathering, incliuding the wife of one of the members of the club.  John siad that every person was able to hear differences between the 2 crossovers, and ALL involved preferred the modified board.  Some of the statements about the modified crossover ,smoother, more detail and clearer.  The member's wife said that it sounded like the speakers with the original crossover had a layer of cotton in front of them.  John said that even though the Beringers were not anyones favorite speakers, they thought they were a lot better with the new crossovers.

So, including the 3 guys that came to my home, that makes 13 total that heard the demos, and all heard the differences, and all liked the modified crossovers the best.  It reaaly was easy to hear once you listened to each board for a few minutes.

I can now send the speakers to someone else.  Just send me an email and tell me where to ship them.  Thanks again for letting us keep them so long  we had a good time with them.

Thanks again,
Mark

Danny Richie

« Reply #311 on: 13 Jul 2011, 10:14 pm »
Very cool Mark and not at all surprising.

Anyone else on the South East coast before they move to another area?

Danny Richie

« Reply #312 on: 13 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm »
Oh yeah, any of you guys try out those speaker cables in your own rig?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #313 on: 22 Feb 2015, 02:55 am »
What happened to the Behringer speakers for the crossover comparisons?  Have not seen anything posted in a long time.

Just checking since the speakers are mine and the crossovers are Danny's.

Danny Richie

« Reply #314 on: 22 Feb 2015, 03:07 am »
What happened to the Behringer speakers for the crossover comparisons?  Have not seen anything posted in a long time.

Just checking since the speakers are mine and the crossovers are Danny's.

I've got them back.

I was actually going to send them out to a guy that is a reviewer. He is not ready for them yet though. Maybe pretty soon.

What to play with them or demo them for a while?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #315 on: 22 Feb 2015, 03:14 am »
It just seemed a good thing to revive with all the talk in the other thread.   :D

Plenty of speaker projects here once the next batch of crossovers arrive!

Damilan

« Reply #316 on: 11 Jan 2017, 01:41 am »
Hello Danny Richie

I own a pair of B2031P, and want to upgrade the crossovers, can you please tell me the value of the caps and inductors?

(I don have the proper equipment to determinate myself)

Best!

Danny Richie

« Reply #317 on: 11 Jan 2017, 03:20 pm »
Hello Danny Richie

I own a pair of B2031P, and want to upgrade the crossovers, can you please tell me the value of the caps and inductors?

(I don have the proper equipment to determinate myself)

Best!

I can do better than that. I can send you everything you need.

maty

« Reply #318 on: 11 Feb 2020, 08:34 pm »
YouTube You CAN'T handle the TRUTH! with GR-Research

* Sound Clips: https://youtu.be/Ks9Y8sNIrKs
* Measurements: http://gr-research.com/pics/networkcomparo1.jpg  http://gr-research.com/pics/networkcomparo2.jpg

Same loudspeakers Behringer B2030P with same crossover but with different quality components. The sound difference is very noticeable with my small coaxials.

Optimized

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #319 on: 11 Feb 2020, 10:17 pm »
Geez, I just looked and I sent those speakers to Danny almost 9 years ago to mod and send around.  :o