Supersonic Stabilisers

david12

Supersonic Stabilisers
« on: 19 Sep 2016, 12:53 pm »
 I don't pick up much discussion of the Stabilisers. I am using an Audio Research Power Amp, not known for it's hewn from Aluminium chassis, the top plate is very thin. I am using the original Stillpoints underneath now, but wonder about using a couple of Stabilisers on top , Plus some tube dampers of course.

I presume the advice would be to change the Stillpoints to Tenderfeet, as they would work better than the Stabilisers. I wonder what I might expect as a result. I tried out HRS damping plates, admittedly on different kit, but I was underwhelmed by them.
  Thanks

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Supersonic Stabilisers
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2016, 02:31 pm »
SuperSonic Stabilizers work best in conjunction with compliant Tenderfoot isolation feet underneath, working hand-in-hand for more of a whole-chassis isolation and vibration control. With Stillpoints underneath, Stabilizers would be beneficial to some degree, however. A damping instrument on each of the vacuum tubes is beneficial regardless of the type of footers under the component.

Steve Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab

david12

Re: Supersonic Stabilisers
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2016, 04:50 pm »
 Thanks for that Steve, I guessed that might be your advice and I'm sure you are right. I will have to give it a go.

I'd still appreciate anyone using tenderfeet and Stabilisers, what their experience was, particularly on Power Amps