American Idol 2018

stlrman

American Idol 2018
« on: 19 Apr 2018, 12:08 pm »
Ok, the judges suck! Luke is drop dead boring , Katie Perry is just goofy and stupid,but really the only one with personality , Lionel Richie is also a bore, says the same shit every time.  There is no more mean bull shit with the judges.
I used to watch many years ago ,then not so much the last 5 years.
It's fun to watch with my 11 year old daughter and wife! :thumb:
I am amazed at the talent this year!!
Gabby Barret , from Pittsburgh, country, she is 17, and WILL be a star with her voice.
Jonny, smooth vocals, natural voice
Marcio is awesome!!
Jurnee, drop dead gorgeous , with a voice to match
Cade, the rocker with a powerful voice
Mara,  Just Wow!!!!
Maddie Poppe, country , with so much personality in her voice!!
Adam/ Ada , drag queen with a voice that can hit stratospheric highs
Catie Turner , the biggest Nerd and she plays that up, but every week she surprises and brings it!!
They are cutting the field from 14 to 10 next week.
Anyone else tuning in ? Who do you like? What do you think about the talent this year compared to past seasons?

Folsom

Re: American Idol 2018
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2018, 04:14 pm »
I am watching. Talent seems higher than normal. I don't really care one way or another with the judges - but no one will ever replace Simon (the best).

There were a few upsets with the cuts this week and last week. I'd mostly say that Garrett Jacobs & Jonny Brenns were chosen 100% for purposes of production and are horrible choices. Caleb Lee needs to get better faster, he has the voice but not the care to use it well enough (he's only 19 as of this week or whatever). I would have chosen someone over Caleb, but he has the potential.

But it happens every year, people get chosen/voted that were not, but clearly fit some sort of agenda. The good news is the winner is never chosen that way, it's just whoever is voted. I certainly wanted to see the girl whom kept singing Adel songs go forward before the shitty talent of Jonny & Garrett.

One thing about the judges being so nice is that all of the singers basically think they're going to make it, and then the next second they're forgotten... There can be only one.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:10 pm »
The first and last time I watched American Idol was when Taylor no talent Hicks went on to win it all. Since then I've lost confidence in the American public when it comes to all things that pertain to casting a ballot.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2018, 11:51 pm by Wind Chaser »

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:20 pm »
You're right that the public often votes poorly. However not last year as there wasn't one, but the year before, the right person won for sure. It was close but the guy pulled it off better.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:24 pm »
I have to agree the current version of American Idol is really dull.
The judges are really bad in they fail to impress in any way at all.
Never before have the judges been so useless! And so boring!
I used to watch avidly, not anymore.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:34 pm »
You're right that the public often votes poorly. However not last year as there wasn't one...

Like I said I haven't watched AI since 2007, but IMO the show has contributed nothing to the music scene...  There's a lot more to success and talent than winning a stupid popularity contest.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:57 pm »
I am watching. Talent seems higher than normal. I don't really care one way or another with the judges - but no one will ever replace Simon (the best).

There were a few upsets with the cuts this week and last week. I'd mostly say that Garrett Jacobs & Jonny Brenns were chosen 100% for purposes of production and are horrible choices. Caleb Lee needs to get better faster, he has the voice but not the care to use it well enough (he's only 19 as of this week or whatever). I would have chosen someone over Caleb, but he has the potential.

But it happens every year, people get chosen/voted that were not, but clearly fit some sort of agenda. The good news is the winner is never chosen that way, it's just whoever is voted. I certainly wanted to see the girl whom kept singing Adel songs go forward before the shitty talent of Jonny & Garrett.

One thing about the judges being so nice is that all of the singers basically think they're going to make it, and then the next second they're forgotten... There can be only one.

I'm curious what sort of agenda you feel is in play here.

Folsom

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2018, 08:38 pm »
It's like they're picking a cast to appeal to the broadest range. Heart throbs, politically correct, minorities, people with serious sob stories, etc.

stlrman

« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2018, 05:20 pm »
I thought every singer was very weak last night , except for Maddie and Catie.
It seemed they all picked songs that did nothing to showcase their voices.

Folsom

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2018, 12:50 am »
Whoever mixed it was an asshole. I could barely hear the singers.

Maddie was awesome. I didnt like Catie's song. But as far as the performers Maddie, Cade, and Michael are the show for me. I like Caleb, Gabby, Marcio, and Mara but I just dont think they are on the same level. Jonny, Michelle, and Garret can go home post-haste.

Folsom

« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2018, 04:46 am »
Whoever mixed it was an asshole. I could barely hear the singers.

Tonight isn't much better. Who ever is making these decisions is a real piece of shit IMO. The sound is just wacky, massively crushed dynamics.

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2018, 06:22 am »
I think the right one won.

On youtube it doesn't sound so freaking awful for some reason. It's not perfect, but not as bad.

stlrman

« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2018, 09:50 am »
I agree, Maddie has the best voice, most professional, polished, ready for an album.
I think Cade is great and should have a successful career.
I never understood Michael going through and being sooo loved. I only cared for maybe one of his performances.
I think Gabby will have a successful career.