Archive.org help

lokie

Archive.org help
« on: 21 Feb 2018, 09:47 pm »
I'm trying to figure out the best way to download, extract and put in my music data base a show from archive.org.

I dl'd flac show using firefox and unzipped using windows (I think). But not sure what to do next. See screen shot- Here's the point where I'm stuck.

My main question is... is there a trick to get the metadata attached to the files correctly... cause I don't see it.

Also... is FLAC the way to go here?

srb

Re: Archive.org help
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2018, 10:12 pm »
The Type column header says FLAC file, so I assume you do have FLAC files, just not showing the file extensions in Windows Explorer.

I'm assuming the rather long string in the folder location bar after Temp > is in fact a super-long folder name that these files are in.

If that's not a folder name, but the name of the zip file (again, file extensions not being shown), then you may be merely viewing the contents of a zip file in which case you won't be able to do anything with them until you copy and paste them somewhere.

Unfortunately, Windows Explorer doesn't do a good job of displaying music file metadata tags.  Even if you right-click a detail view column header and display columns such as Album and Album Artist (under More ....) chances are they'll be blank.

I have FLAC files that show no metadata under Windows Explorer (Windows 7), yet when imported into a music program such as JRiver Media Center, iTunes, etc., the tags are there.

Import one or two files into your music database and see if the tags are in fact there or not.

I don't see any problem using FLAC as long as your music database and player support FLAC playback.

Steve