Roger Waters: New Album After 25 Years

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Roger Waters: New Album After 25 Years
« on: 18 Feb 2018, 03:19 am »
Not a new fresh release, released in June2017.
Named Is This The Life We Really Want?
Surely a political effort from Roger to criticize the current president and an other country he likes to beat, I think it is the most politically album from Roger to date, released in CD and LP, I have listen it twice on web and I expected more.

The producer was the same from Radiohead, there is no Pink Floyd members playing, 12 tracks, time 54:06, cover doubles a military secret censored document.
Is This The Life We Really Want?
1.    When We Were Young    1:38
2.    Déjà Vu    4:27
3.    The Last Refugee    4:12
4.    Picture That    6:47
5.    Broken Bones    4:57
6.    Is This the Life We Really Want?    5:55
7.    Bird in a Gale    5:31
8.    The Most Beautiful Girl    6:09
9.    Smell the Roses    5:15
10.    Wait for Her    4:56
11.    Oceans Apart    1:07
12.    Part of Me Died    3:12
Time: 54:06

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

Wind Chaser

Re: Roger Waters: New Album After 25 Years
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2018, 03:31 am »
I bought it when it was released ... listened to it once and then decided I would never want to hear it again.  :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2018, 03:35 am »
It also happned to me with Brian Ferry: Mamouna, a depresing album, completely the opposite from Roxy Music albums.

wushuliu

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2018, 04:22 am »
Loved it. Not sure what anyone expects from a 70+ rocker whose voice has been shot for decades. I think he and Godrich focused on making the Waters version of Endless River - a nostalgia trip of Roger's style and what made him such an important part of Pink Floyd. It's an album produced by a fan for the fans.

jpm

« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2018, 04:48 am »
I'm with Wushuliu. Increasingly, Roger Waters is showing how much a world citizen he is - something that can be difficult to understand in the US since we're so isolated in so many ways, not to mention very defensively so.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:05 am »
Casual cold meeting between Roger and David Gilmour recording on the same studio, Roger does not even care to take his hand off the pocket to greet David and his wife Polly Samson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0a2Cbz4XN8

OzarkTom

charmerci

« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2018, 10:01 am »
Well, be careful of expectations.

I think it's a great album. I think people are now expecting screaming me-me's because of stupid programs like The Voice where loud, theatrics is considered "good." His voice is fine.

This album is not another factory-churned, overproduction. There aren't any incessant, hit-the-snare-drum-every-one-second from beginning to end rock songs on it, thank goodness.

It's is kind of like a more even, The Wall without the bombastics or super-quiet passages but it certainly is different than the crap being put out today.

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2018, 10:39 pm »
I'm curious as to what he does when he's not touring or recording....

undertowogt1

« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2018, 11:15 pm »
I am a big Floyd / Waters / Gilmour Fan. This album was a giant disappointment for me, it did not grab me in anyway. I felt that the songs had no hooks or memorable melodies. And I even LOVE the Pros and Cons and The Final Cut    :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 1 Jun 2018, 03:27 am »
I am a big Floyd / Waters / Gilmour Fan. This album was a giant disappointment for me, it did not grab me in anyway. I felt that the songs had no hooks or memorable melodies. And I even LOVE the Pros and Cons and The Final Cut    :lol:
These albums you mention are not properly PF ''band'' albums but RW solo albums, the PCHH guitarist was Eric Clapton.

Delacroix

« Reply #12 on: 1 Jun 2018, 04:20 am »
Casual cold meeting between Roger and David Gilmour recording on the same studio, Roger does not even care to take his hand off the pocket to greet David and his wife Polly Samson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0a2Cbz4XN8

Well in fairness, there is little context to this video. If you watch it through, he does end up embracing both warmly as they part, so I'd not interpret it the same way.  I have the latest album...it's ok, not one of his best in my view but even an ok RW album beats most others.