Chord dave to Omega Alnico

this_is_vv

Chord dave to Omega Alnico
« on: 29 Jan 2018, 06:52 am »
Can someone point em where i can buy the wire to connect the chord dave to omega. I want to see why everyone is talking about this.

Doody

• Troublemaker
Re: Chord dave to Omega Alnico
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2018, 02:03 pm »
search around on amazon? i got a few flavors of RCA to banana plugs there for my H2. this is what i'm using: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWN2YKT

but i don't know how you're exiting the dave.

doody

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2018, 03:28 pm »
I've made a couple types of adapters. The cable is very important, as there are no other signal cables involved and nothing else between the amp and speakers.

1. Adapter from binding posts to RCA jacks. I usually use Furutech rhodium plated spades and RCA jacks with a short wire connecting them. Then you can use whatever IC cable you want.

2. I can terminate a SL 17g or SMSG 20g speaker cable with RCA plugs on one end.

this_is_vv

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2018, 07:34 pm »
search around on amazon? i got a few flavors of RCA to banana plugs there for my H2. this is what i'm using: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWN2YKT

but i don't know how you're exiting the dave.

doody

I plan to connect the dave to Omega so how sure i understand exiting means. I would love the RCA- Y cable if possible

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2018, 08:39 pm »
  For now Amazon is a no brainer. If you like what you hear then you could get different cable. It may not sound better just different. You must try in your system to find out.

charles

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2018, 10:04 pm »
  For now Amazon is a no brainer. If you like what you hear then you could get different cable. It may not sound better just different. You must try in your system to find out.

charles

That's a good idea if you're not sure the ~2W Dave is going to work out or not. If you have a cheap RCA cable you can cut an end off and put the leads in the binding posts of your speakers, just make sure they are  wired the same way on both sides. If you can orient the RCA plug's pin to the + binding post even better.

This will give you a way to see if the amp/speaker pairing works out for you as far as producing sufficient SPLs without distortion. If it does a high quality cable will make a significant difference as the Dave is a high performer that likely won't be paired with poor speakers. I'd go so far as to say a Dave/Omega combo won't even approach full potential with a commodity-level cable, so try the Amazon cable or cut up a cheap cable but know it can get much better as far as clarity, tone, etc. Obviously, you won't get more SPLs.  :lol:   Also, with my Dave cables, they can be converted to a SC that will work well with a tube amp/Omega combo too.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2018, 10:07 pm »
I plan to connect the dave to Omega so how sure i understand exiting means. I would love the RCA- Y cable if possible

I'd guess he means using RCA vs XLR jacks.

I'm not sure if they use the same output devices, all the cables I've made to drive speakers directly use the RCA outs.

this_is_vv

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2018, 11:54 pm »
The cable is ordered now we shall see.