Big Band/ Swing music

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Re: Big Band/ Swing music
« Reply #60 on: 12 Apr 2017, 12:00 am »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #61 on: 12 Apr 2017, 01:19 am »
This is a superb CD recorded in DSD64 by Corcord to firts album for PlayBoy Jazz CD001, the maestro of Sinatra and a bunch of top musician make this a historical CD to soundtrack of doc on Monroe.
Too bad its not released in SACD.

Bob2

« Reply #62 on: 12 Apr 2017, 01:42 am »
I'll have to see if that is available..
Thanks FRM!

Bob2

« Reply #63 on: 24 May 2017, 03:41 pm »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #64 on: 24 May 2017, 04:01 pm »
In the 70s I had this LP in a very green cover and clean sound, cost me almost nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYnQxlGBrj0

witchdoctor

« Reply #65 on: 25 May 2017, 12:24 am »
Anyone here besides myself enjoy big band-swing music?
Probably not some of the younger members but some of us older members might enjoy it!!
Currently listening to:

St Louis Blues, sing, sing, sing!!
"Some real magic goin on here"
Tightest horn section you will ever hear!
I grew up hearing this. My parents always had some 78's spinning and have enjoyed this for ever or so it seems!

Never been much for compilation albums but this has some great versions of the songs such as  the ones mentioned above! Have not hear this arrangement of sing, sing, sing..

Big band is great in a fully immersive 14.1 audio system. Two speakers just don't do it justice.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #66 on: 25 May 2017, 12:29 pm »
Big band is great in a fully immersive 14.1 audio system. Two speakers just don't do it justice.
This immersive system you talk everywhere dont exist in any real life music performance even most advanced progressive rock bands as Pink Floyd and Tangerine Dream, which in the 70s used 30 inches woofers as PA, let alone Opera and Classical music, so I think it just too much audio witchcraft to offer anything good to hi-fi.

Bob2

« Reply #67 on: 25 May 2017, 12:55 pm »
In the 70s I had this LP in a very green cover and clean sound, cost me almost nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYnQxlGBrj0

Thanks for sharing the picture and info. I just ordered a copy.

This immersive system you talk everywhere dont exist in any real life music performance even most advanced progressive rock bands as Pink Floyd and Tangerine Dream, which in the 70s used 30 inches woofers as PA, let alone Opera and Classical music, so I think it just too much audio witchcraft to offer anything good to hi-fi.

+1
Thanks FRM!

witchdoctor

« Reply #68 on: 25 May 2017, 04:32 pm »

Funny you should mention Pink Floyd. You are clueless and not even my witchcraft can help solve your dilemma. Watch this and learn something new for a change:

https://youtu.be/yMlFN8V4qW4

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #69 on: 25 May 2017, 04:49 pm »
Funny you should mention Pink Floyd. You are clueless and not even my witchcraft can help solve your dilemma. Watch this and learn something new for a change:

https://youtu.be/yMlFN8V4qW4
I already see this video in your first thread about the subject, they are remixing the Floyd songs now, the band never used this system on stage or studio.

This system is the wave of the moment, next year will came another system, more channels, more subs, a new spur of some kind and this will be obsolete as 5.1, 7.1 etc

witchdoctor

« Reply #70 on: 25 May 2017, 07:00 pm »
I already see this video in your first thread about the subject, they are remixing the Floyd songs now, the band never used this system on stage or studio.

This system is the wave of the moment, next year will came another system, more channels, more subs, a new spur of some kind and this will be obsolete as 5.1, 7.1 etc

Like I said, even powerful witchdoctor magic cannot help you. You don't know, never heard, or can't even imagine this system while I listen to it daily. All music (yes even big bands) can be upmixed into immersive audio. Here is description of a demo. Until you EXPERIENCE it yourself every word you write is another demonstration of your futility (jealousy?), please stop:

http://www.avsforum.com/auro-3d-music-upmix-demo-stormaudio-isp-3d-16-elite-prepro-ces-2017/

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #71 on: 26 May 2017, 12:35 pm »
Like I said, even powerful witchdoctor magic cannot help you. You don't know, never heard, or can't even imagine this system while I listen to it daily. All music (yes even big bands) can be upmixed into immersive audio. Here is description of a demo. Until you EXPERIENCE it yourself every word you write is another demonstration of your futility (jealousy?), please stop:

http://www.avsforum.com/auro-3d-music-upmix-demo-stormaudio-isp-3d-16-elite-prepro-ces-2017/
OK Witchcraft you are a troll posting merchandising in various circles without offering palpable exposition on this enthusiastic obscure system only you own and understand.

Do you would address any real tech issues on this 14.1 system?

witchdoctor

« Reply #72 on: 26 May 2017, 01:33 pm »
OK Witchcraft you are a troll posting merchandising in various circles without offering palpable exposition on this enthusiastic obscure system only you own and understand.

Do you would address any real tech issues on this 14.1 system?

You are beyond me help, please use google and look up Atmos, DTS-X, Auro 3D and Ambeo.
Out of here :duh:

coldfogey

« Reply #73 on: 25 Nov 2017, 06:43 pm »
I just picked up a great Big Band CD.

AIRMEN OF NOTE        "  LETS DANCE "

Great arrangements and GREAT sound.