Thorens TD-124 Custom Aluminum Top Platter

Jeff V.

Thorens TD-124 Custom Aluminum Top Platter
« on: 14 Nov 2017, 03:37 pm »
Custom made aluminum top platter for the Thorens TD-124. Replaces the thin, often warped top platter used on the TD-124. This top platter is a little taller than the original with a thicker top plate. It is stronger and heavier than the Thorens platter. Weight is over 1100 grams compared to the original at 450 grams. Height is 21mm. Clutch is still functional. I find the added mass improves the sound of the TD-124 compared to an original top platter. This version allows use of turntable mats of your choice or you can use no mat with a record stabilizer.  Price $435

Price includes free shipping in the US. Thanks for your interest

AlTran

Re: Thorens TD-124 Custom Aluminum Top Platter
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2017, 10:24 pm »

I first bought one of these from Jeff & I the results is "a wow factor" which makes the bass tighter, more refine details & the mid is clean without any fuzziness, I highly recommended to anyone who has a TD124. Jeff also has 2 versions of the bearing, 1 is a modified from the stock & the other is a completely new machine piece that is almost double the size of the stock bearing, which I bought as well which results in a huge transformation of my TD124. I'm willing to offer audition for anyone locally in Southern California.

Jeff V.

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2017, 12:10 am »
Thanks for the kind words Allen.  The top platter currently for sale isn't as tall as yours and doesn't require a new spindle like the thick one you have.  I'm glad you are pleased with the results!

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff V.

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2017, 12:34 pm »
I also have a custom top platter that uses the 124's original mat & 45 adaptor.  This top platter is also much better than the original.  Taller, thicker and stronger.  Also looks and sounds better than the Thorens thin top platter.  Does not include the adaptor or mat.

WntrMute2

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2018, 12:08 pm »
Are these still available?