Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before

J Payton, Chris Adams, mr_bill and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. Read 13165 times.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
Re: Icepower 1200AS amp kit. Class D like you've never heard before
« Reply #380 on: 14 Nov 2017, 04:53 pm »
So just to be clear - for $35 more...
1. The amp will have both RCA and XLR connectors on the rear panel.
2. Will they both be live or will I have to go in and swap the input wires going to the amp board to activate either?
3. And to upgrade connectors - just add both higher quality connectors to the order.

TY!

Jeff

No you won’t get a custom milled rear panel for $35 more. You’ll just get an additional set of input connectors with the wire and amp connectors soldered on. To swap it’s only a matter of removing 4 screws. 2 minute procedure.

For the high end ones you can add up to 2 sets per amp order. My low pricing is only for owners of this amp, so I can only deliver maximum of 2 premium sets per amp order.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #381 on: 14 Nov 2017, 04:59 pm »
Here’s what some others do to accommodate both RCA and XLR’s at the same time. Put a cheap switch in. But for me that nullifies using premium connectors to put a cheap Chinese switch in the path. Also if all you’ll ever use is 1 connector type, why would you want to pay for 2? Sure if they’re 20 cent connectors no big deal. But even my standard units are better than what you see on many $5000+ amps.

2gumby2

« Reply #382 on: 14 Nov 2017, 05:40 pm »
Base means the stuff that comes for free with the amp. It's the longest run in the case all the way to the front. I ditched the base.
When you say you "ditched the base", what do you mean?

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #383 on: 14 Nov 2017, 05:49 pm »
When you say you "ditched the base", what do you mean?

I started calling the base connectors standard instead because I was getting too many emails asking what base means. I think they thought it would add more bass to the sound :)

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #384 on: 14 Nov 2017, 05:54 pm »
Can everyone in lot 1-2-3 please get your connector and cable orders in ASAP. This way I can order all the parts and start terminating the cables.

Remember you'll need 5 items in your cart. 6 if you want both XLR and RCA.

1: Analog input cable
2: Speaker cable
3: Power cable
4: Binding posts
5: Analog input connectors (XLR, RCA or both)

https://www.miveraaudio.com/shop

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #385 on: 14 Nov 2017, 06:00 pm »
If anyone has any questions they want answered privately in real time I have a chat box in the bottom right of my website. Messages pop up like texts on my phone. I take my phone everywhere.

uncola

« Reply #386 on: 14 Nov 2017, 06:09 pm »
Come on guys, don't abuse the live chat box with perverted questions about his sex life
I know you were all thinking it!
I caved and got the furutech gold RCAs.  these will be my first furutech!  I have some wbt that didn't impress me that much

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #387 on: 14 Nov 2017, 06:17 pm »
One caveat of the chat box is you must stay on the website to have the questions answered. If you just want to leave a message so I can respond via your email, use the contact box is the middle of my home page.

https://www.miveraaudio.com/

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #388 on: 14 Nov 2017, 06:20 pm »
Come on guys, don't abuse the live chat box with perverted questions about his sex life
I know you were all thinking it!
I caved and got the furutech gold RCAs.  these will be my first furutech!  I have some wbt that didn't impress me that much

Great choice. I like WBT, but have always preferred Furutech.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #389 on: 14 Nov 2017, 06:47 pm »
Hi guys,

I decided that starting with lot 4 I will no longer be offering this amp as a kit. Only assembled turnkey units for $200 more. I lined up a competent team for assembly duty. The support of answering questions about the assembly will end up eating up more of my time than just selling the amps complete. I need to focus on an outstanding level of customer service, and I can't spread myself too thin.

Thanks,
Mike

Wind Chaser

« Reply #390 on: 14 Nov 2017, 06:50 pm »
Hi guys,

I decided that starting with lot 4 I will no longer be offering this amp as a kit. Only assembled turnkey units for $200 more. I lined up a competent team for assembly duty.

Does that imply that it will come with a warranty?

CurtisIIX

« Reply #391 on: 14 Nov 2017, 06:51 pm »
Checking out the options right now.

Quick question:
What's the wire gauge on the upgraded Neotech UP-OCC copper speaker cable?

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #392 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:09 pm »
Does that imply that it will come with a warranty?

Yes I will beat Icepower's 3 year warranty with the Mivera Audio standard 10 year warranty. Also 100% original purchase price credit with trade up to any other product in our portfolio. This trade up policy expires 10 years after original purchase date.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #393 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:10 pm »
Checking out the options right now.

Quick question:
What's the wire gauge on the upgraded Neotech UP-OCC copper speaker cable?

14. It's the biggest that will fit in the amp connectors. We are talking a few inches of cable so it's like 1 gauge over a long distance.

ZimAhUm

« Reply #394 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:14 pm »

If anyone wants to read up more on the Iceedge, order the free Audioxpress subscription. It’s an awesome mag to have a subscription to. I’ve been a subscriber for 22 years now.

http://www.audioxpress.com/news/stay-on-the-edge-of-audio-technology-with-audioxpress-april-2017

Thanks for posting more photos of your work and this link.  When I follow the link it prompts for payment.  I remember reading this for free.  Any idea where the free subscription went?

mr_bill

« Reply #395 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:17 pm »
Mike,

You've done a marvelous job helping us and also selling product - I appreciate it.

Dave/Mike, Is there an in between binding post option?  The Furutech $180 option is kind of a big step but I understand if it doesn't make sense since there are 4.
From what I see on Furutech site for options, it looks like you are making us a nice deal and most everything else is more expensive.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #396 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:20 pm »
Yes I will beat Icepower's 3 year warranty with the Mivera Audio standard 10 year warranty. Also 100% original purchase price credit with trade up to any other product in our portfolio.

Sounds like a good deal. In the event something were to happen to you, like an accident, or a health issue, or you decide to back to the oil patch etc, how many people are part of the Mivera Audio organization who will be there to honor the 10 year warranty?

Would this warranty be applicable to those taking the DIY approach or just those who buy a fully assembled unit?

brother love

« Reply #397 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:29 pm »
So in your updated image below, is the power switch on the left as viewed from the outside back panel? Or viewed from inside the back panel where power switch is on the left looking from front of case (& is typical for most electronics)? [I'm trying to figure my cable lengths/ availability/ management in advance of amp arrival].  Thanks.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #398 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:46 pm »
Thanks for posting more photos of your work and this link.  When I follow the link it prompts for payment.  I remember reading this for free.  Any idea where the free subscription went?

No problem. Sorry I was confusing Audioxpress with their sister mag voicecoil. They have a free offer.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #399 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:47 pm »
Mike,

You've done a marvelous job helping us and also selling product - I appreciate it.

Dave/Mike, Is there an in between binding post option?  The Furutech $180 option is kind of a big step but I understand if it doesn't make sense since there are 4.
From what I see on Furutech site for options, it looks like you are making us a nice deal and most everything else is more expensive.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't offer too many options. For 1 all of the cutouts are different, and it costs too much if I'm ordering very small volumes of connectors to pass on great value to you guys.