Custom LIO solutions for the new Spatial Audio X1 Uniwave Louspeakers!

Vinnie R.

Hi Vinnie

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

I don't have any of your equipment at the moment but may I check; if I wanted to get the X1 line level module the starting cost would be $5775 as per figure stated on the Spatial web page?

Thanks

Hi TimS,

The $5775 price would be for a "LIO X1 Preamplifier" that contains the INPUTS, RVC, Tubestage, and X1 Line Level
modules.

You can certainly add other options to this (LIO DSD/PCM DAC, Phonostage, Headphone Amplifier, etc) as well.

Vinnie

TimS

Thanks. 
I guess I'm thinking about buying the basic setup to potentially get the X1 speakers going as I already have monobloc amps, a LDR volume control, a preamp and a DAC.
With what I've already got above would I still need the RVC and Tubestage that ideally I could get later when I have the funds?

Vinnie R.

Thanks. 
I guess I'm thinking about buying the basic setup to potentially get the X1 speakers going as I already have monobloc amps, a LDR volume control, a preamp and a DAC.
With what I've already got above would I still need the RVC and Tubestage that ideally I could get later when I have the funds?

Hi TimS,

You can actually do it like this:

Your DAC -->> your LDR volume control / preamp -->> LIO with INPUT SELECT and X1 LINE LEVEL modules -->> your monoblocks.

In this custom LIO configuration, it would only have analog inputs (you need this to feed your preamp signal into) and the LIO X1 Line Level module (which contains the needed active analog crossovers and EQ for the X1 speakers).

Of course you'll have more interconnect cables this way, more components (boxes), and the other components will not be isolated via LIO's internal ultracapacitor power supply.  But this will allow you to get started at the lowest cost.

If you have more questions about this custom configuration, please email or call me directly.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

Update time!  8)

LIO X1 AMP module

Clayton I have been wrapping up on this module design (fine tuning the active crossover and EQ sections for his new X1 Loudspeakers, which are rolling into production now).  We are using WBT NextGen binding posts, and since spacing of the 4 channels of binding posts is kind of tight on this module's rear plate, we highly recommend speaker cables with banana plugs with it

I will be going into production of this module shortly (most likely next week).  If you are interested in ordering from this first production batch, please email me ASAP.  I don't have this on our website at this time, but I can still send a Paypal invoice (probably the easiest way to do it), or email you a PDF invoice and you can order. 

And please let me know if you are trading in your LIO MOSFET AMP module for this custom LIO X1 AMP module. 

LIO X1 LINE LEVEL module

Being that the active crossover and EQ for the LIO X1 LINE LEVEL module are the same as used for the LIO X1 AMP module above, I'll be getting this one into production shortly as well!   We'll be using WBT NextGen RCA jacks.

Please let me know ASAP if you'd like to reserve from our first production batch.

We'll be showing the LIO X1 Integrated Amplifier (LIO DHT + X1 AMP + DAC modules) with the Spatial X1 Loudspeakers
at the Los Angeles Audio Show (LAAS), June 2 - 4:  www.laaudioshow.com/

Thank you,

Vinnie