Middle TN audio enthusiasts?

pix4work

Middle TN audio enthusiasts?
« on: 26 Nov 2013, 10:11 pm »
Are there any audiophiles in the Middle-Tennessee-Nashville area who would like to get together periodically and listen to gear?

Pix4work

bainjs

Re: Middle TN audio enthusiasts?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2013, 02:43 am »
I'm in Nashville and would be interested. I use tube equipment and enjoy DIY audio projects. 

Joel

groovybassist

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2013, 02:04 pm »
I'm in Brentwood and would be interested as well.  Use solid state equipment, but intrigued about tubes and have a way less than ideal listening space!

-Mike

bainjs

« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2013, 03:17 pm »
We can try to get together after the holidays if you like.  My music taste is all over the place.  rock, americana, folk, classical.  I'm close to Hermitage.

Joel

pix4work

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2013, 06:13 am »
Good to hear from all of you. After the holidays may be the best time to get together. I will try to send a PM out ASAP.

Pix4work

pix4work

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2013, 04:22 pm »
Hello bainjs,

I tried to send you a PM, but I don't know if it was successful. Please reply with a PM, at your convenience.

pix4work

bainjs

« Reply #6 on: 1 Dec 2013, 02:25 pm »
No, I didn't receive.  Please try again.

Thanks

Joel

pix4work

« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2013, 02:58 pm »
Just sent you another PM. Let me know if it goes through.

bainjs

« Reply #8 on: 1 Dec 2013, 03:39 pm »
Yes, received and answered.

pix4work

« Reply #9 on: 1 Dec 2013, 11:13 pm »
Sorry, I did not receive your reply.

bainjs

« Reply #10 on: 2 Dec 2013, 12:03 am »
Check your junk mail to see if it went there.  If not,  let me know and i'll send again.

Thanks

Joel

pix4work

« Reply #11 on: 8 Dec 2013, 09:01 pm »
Let me know if you receive this, the other 'Circle emails or the PM's I sent yesterday/today.
Thank you

pix4work

beepboopblorp

« Reply #12 on: 17 Apr 2015, 09:57 pm »
Bringing a thread back from the dead...

Anyone here interested in getting together sometime and comparing gear, listening to records, etc? I'm over in East Nashville.

mccarty350

« Reply #13 on: 24 Dec 2020, 09:37 pm »
Wow...this is an ancient thread but I'm in Mount Juliet and have interest.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #14 on: 25 Dec 2020, 01:59 pm »
We've got folks in Indy, Jasper, Lexington. I'm in the middle and always open to hosting GTG's. Have a little experience in that area.

Recognize any of these folks?

mccarty350

« Reply #15 on: 25 Dec 2020, 03:17 pm »
No sir but I'd be game to host when things are more 'normal' or at minimum that my family has been vaccinated.

I don't recognize anyone from the photo at first glance.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #16 on: 25 Dec 2020, 07:00 pm »
No sir but I'd be game to host when things are more 'normal' or at minimum that my family has been vaccinated.

I don't recognize anyone from the photo at first glance.

I don't ever expect normal and I am not personally worried about the beer virus.

Anyways, with his back to you is Dennis Murphy, over his left shoulder is Marc Shifter (formerly AV123 and now Core Power), over Dennis' right shoulder is Jim Salk. On Dennis' left is Sam Zeoli, who solders Salk's crossovers.  Behind Jim is Edman, from Detroit and here on AC. I'm way out in the back in the blue shirt. This is Canton, MI 2007ish.

TomS

« Reply #17 on: 25 Dec 2020, 08:09 pm »
We've got folks in Indy, Jasper, Lexington. I'm in the middle and always open to hosting GTG's. Have a little experience in that area.

Recognize any of these folks?

I believe I was there that day :-)

mccarty350

« Reply #18 on: 25 Dec 2020, 08:14 pm »
I don't ever expect normal and I am not personally worried about the beer virus.

Anyways, with his back to you is Dennis Murphy, over his left shoulder is Marc Shifter (formerly AV123 and now Core Power), over Dennis' right shoulder is Jim Salk. On Dennis' left is Sam Zeoli, who solders Salk's crossovers.  Behind Jim is Edman, from Detroit and here on AC. I'm way out in the back in the blue shirt. This is Canton, MI 2007ish.

Oh man you had audio royalty there!  Okay that was way way back and not even close to my local area.  That's great!  last event I was at in Michigan was the last Audiokarma Fest I think in maybe 2013.

The beer virus doesn't concern me but my wife has MS and a low immune system, COVID in my household would be a grave situation.  I'd likely be fine.  One of my friends literally lost his mother and father to COVID in one week flat.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #19 on: 25 Dec 2020, 10:46 pm »
Yeah, after Tom, I had those other audio gurus!

Anyone who is compromised is a concern. I've had 2 employees have it and two employee's spouses have it - all for about 2 days and maybe a slight fever. Pretty mild for those 4 families.

Anyways, we'll have to plan some road trips in 2021.