The new Schiit Lyr has arrived

mboxler

Re: The new Schiit Lyr has arrived
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jun 2013, 01:59 pm »
My favorite Lyr tubes are the 6N1P-VI pair I bought from Schiit.  AKG K-701 headphones.  Enjoy!

Mike

FireGuy

« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2013, 04:30 pm »
I own the Beyer T1's, Beyer DT 990's 600 Ohm, the Grado RS1i's.  The Senn HD 800 are next, trust me.  The Lyr (if you are a headphone lover) will become your next best friend.  The dynamics this amp gives you is something one has to experience. I have the Valhalla also (it's on loan) but the Valhalla can't match the Lyr. In a way I miss the Valhalla's pure tube brilliance but the Lyr is here to stay.   

Thanks Milford3...I understood your loan term.  Now, with that said...can I "borrow" your Lyr?

milford3

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2013, 05:10 pm »
The Lyr for the Axiom M2v3's.  And throw in the vintage Pioneer receiver.  Please post that pic of your second system.

FireGuy

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2013, 05:22 pm »
The Lyr for the Axiom M2v3's.  And throw in the vintage Pioneer receiver.  Please post that pic of your second system.

Got up early, a great summer (Saturday) morning for music.   8)

geowak

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jun 2013, 08:52 pm »
Even though I have not heard this unit before, I am sure it sounds great. I have had the original Bifrost and the upgraded analog card. Both are utterly fantastic. The sound is both neutral and smooth, articulate. The tonality is really accurate with instruments and vocals in a natural way, not harsh. Beside my Magnepan MMGs, the best bang for your buck is with Schiit Audio. IMHO

mark funk

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jun 2013, 11:10 pm »
This is for mboxler, 6N1P tubes

Sorry I could not insert a pic in the PM I sent?

:smoke:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jun 2013, 11:32 pm »
Mark Funk:
Where do you bough these 6N1P??  These paper boxes are factory boxes??
My 6N1P was send me with no boxes/in bulk.

mboxler

« Reply #27 on: 22 Jun 2013, 11:43 pm »
This is for mboxler, 6N1P tubes

Sorry I could not insert a pic in the PM I sent?

NICE  :thumb:

Thanks

mark funk

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jun 2013, 01:50 pm »
I got the tubes from a guy in Moscow. They came in bulk I put them in boxes. I don't use this type of tube anymore so let me know if you want some.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #29 on: 23 Jun 2013, 08:32 pm »
I got the tubes from a guy in Moscow. They came in bulk I put them in boxes. I don't use this type of tube anymore so let me know if you want some.

Hum ok, chances are we buy from the same seller.
Thanks