Bryston Loudspeakers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2420 on: 29 May 2016, 01:59 pm »
After living the the mini T's which are not so mini......and finding the right gear, all I can say is Bryston has done it yet again.
We love what we are hearing !

Hi oldguy

I have missed you - I know you purchased the Bryston speakers very early on - glad you are enjoying them. :thumb:

james

pmcd

« Reply #2421 on: 29 May 2016, 02:58 pm »
After living the the mini T's which are not so mini......and finding the right gear, all I can say is Bryston has done it yet again.
We love what we are hearing !

Hey old guy
 the 2 - 7BSST's i bought from you last year are remarkable, I picked up a new BP26 and MPS2 this combo along with your DAC and balanced cables are working out great.   
whats your system consist of now ? 

1oldguy

« Reply #2422 on: 29 May 2016, 03:45 pm »
Hi oldguy

I have missed you - I know you purchased the Bryston speakers very early on - glad you are enjoying them. :thumb:

james

I have missed you too! :slap: Bryston ...the company with personality!

1oldguy

« Reply #2423 on: 29 May 2016, 03:48 pm »
Hey old guy
 the 2 - 7BSST's i bought from you last year are remarkable, I picked up a new BP26 and MPS2 this combo along with your DAC and balanced cables are working out great.   
whats your system consist of now ?

Glad it's working out for you as well.It's very difficult to best Bryston ......! If that's possible!

I had to go with a passive pre amp .......Bryston cd player and the mini T's and the beasties ,the 28B's.
In all honesty it's audio heaven finally that fit's my needs,small space and all that.

gene9p

« Reply #2424 on: 31 May 2016, 03:21 pm »
It's been a year now since I purchased my "not so" mini T's. They are loving the Parasound A21 at 250 channel per I added and my recent acquisition of a VPI CLassic 2 Turntable is an awesome combo. It's hard to get my butt out of the house !!!..LOL

Marius

« Reply #2425 on: 2 Jun 2016, 09:09 am »
HI James,

Just to let you know i had a nice and extensive chat with Mafico the other day, and we've arranged an audition of the Middle T's! Excited about that.

No Model T's available at the moment in NL though. Seems a pity, because the lack of showroom models doesn't help in selling, which in its place doesn't help in getting them over here in showrooms... Buying these Beasts form a webpage and jumping in good faith without an audition on beforehand is kinda contra local customary behavior...

Anyway,
Looking forward to finally hearing some Bryston end to end music!

Cheers,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2426 on: 2 Jun 2016, 10:17 am »
HI James,

Just to let you know i had a nice and extensive chat with Mafico the other day, and we've arranged an audition of the Middle T's! Excited about that.

No Model T's available at the moment in NL though. Seems a pity, because the lack of showroom models doesn't help in selling, which in its place doesn't help in getting them over here in showrooms... Buying these Beasts form a webpage and jumping in good faith without an audition on beforehand is kinda contra local customary behavior...

Anyway,
Looking forward to finally hearing some Bryston end to end music!

Cheers,
Marius

Yes please let me know what you think of the Middles.  The Model T's and just more of the same and assume a larger space and more dynamic capability.

james

servingko

« Reply #2427 on: 2 Jun 2016, 04:02 pm »
I jumped in and bought the Middle T's without an audition and couldn't be happier.  I have a TC-1 Mini in the box that was purchased without auditioning as well.  I have been out of town but hope to get it hooked up this weekend!

Marius

« Reply #2428 on: 9 Jun 2016, 01:21 pm »
Yes please let me know what you think of the Middles.  The Model T's and just more of the same and assume a larger space and more dynamic capability.

james

Cool, let the tournament begin:

(sorry for the orientation, can't get it to rotate clockwise. Or any other direction for that matter.)

Cheers,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2429 on: 9 Jun 2016, 01:48 pm »

Cool, let the tournament begin:

(sorry for the orientation, can't get it to rotate clockwise. Or any other direction for that matter.)

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius

Those are the Model T's not the Middles.

Anxious to hear what you have to say.  How large is your room?

james

Marius

« Reply #2430 on: 9 Jun 2016, 03:13 pm »
Yep, i know ;-)
Mafico just delivered their show model.
My room is big enough, at least to accommodate pedal F0 straight. http://www.phy.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html

Pedal C0 is felt though, always begin listening to Simon Preston's grand rendering of the Bach's Toccata & Fugue in C.

Tough weekend ahead!
Let me please ask to be sure: do i have to take out the 10bsub completely, or can i just turn its high-pass filter all the way down, to let the Model T's get the full signal.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius

Those are the Model T's not the Middles.

Anxious to hear what you have to say.  How large is your room?

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2431 on: 9 Jun 2016, 03:28 pm »
Yep, i know ;-)
Mafico just delivered their show model.
My room is big enough, at least to accommodate pedal F0 straight. http://www.phy.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html

Pedal C0 is felt though, always begin listening to Simon Preston's grand rendering of the Bach's Toccata & Fugue in C.

Tough weekend ahead!
Let me please ask to be sure: do i have to take out the 10bsub completely, or can i just turn its high-pass filter all the way down, to let the Model T's get the full signal.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius

You would have to take it out as you can only turn it down to 40 Hz. Try it both ways and see what you think because you have probably set up the rooms bass response based on the sub in the system

James

Marius

« Reply #2432 on: 9 Jun 2016, 06:20 pm »
Thanks James, done.
Now how to control those oozing basses ;) 
btw, test tone 200-20hz makes a rather noisy sound at the back of the T's, out of the bass ports. A) should that happen, and b) is there a way to control that?

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius

You would have to take it out as you can only turn it down to 40 Hz. Try it both ways and see what you think because you have probably set up the rooms bass response based on the sub in the system

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2433 on: 9 Jun 2016, 08:44 pm »
Thanks James, done.
Now how to control those oozing basses ;) 
btw, test tone 200-20hz makes a rather noisy sound at the back of the T's, out of the bass ports. A) should that happen, and b) is there a way to control that?

Cheers,
Marius

You can stuff the ports with foam plugs we have but you will roll off the bass a little quicker.  You can use 1 plug or 2 or 3 per speaker and fine tune the bass output.  Thats why I asked about your room size as the Model T's are flat to 25Hz anechoic.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2434 on: 9 Jun 2016, 09:14 pm »
Marius

Here is a graph of what happens as you stuff each port.

james

Marius

« Reply #2435 on: 10 Jun 2016, 07:32 am »
Thanks James,

I'll experiment with that later on. Ive only just started of course, but already noticed bass response is very recording dependent. Damping  might be an action taken too soon.

What has room size got to do with rear port venting?

Ive got the T's positioned about 1 meter from the back wall, that would be alright?

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

Here is a graph of what happens as you stuff each port.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2436 on: 10 Jun 2016, 10:24 am »
Hi

Yes 3-4 feet from the back wall is ideal.

Ports create some noise depending on how hard you drive them so if you plug the ports you end up with an acoustuc suspension speaker which cancel the port noise but does not allow the speaker to go as low.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2437 on: 10 Jun 2016, 04:26 pm »

The Rang

« Reply #2438 on: 11 Jun 2016, 04:08 am »
That's the only thing holding me back from the Mini T's: the bass output.
Sounded great in one showroom in Vancouver, not so good at another dealer in the Seattle area.
Too much bass at the latter with two different amps in two different rooms.
My room won't allow me to place them 3 to 4 feet from the wall

Yitshak

« Reply #2439 on: 11 Jun 2016, 07:17 am »
That's the only thing holding me back from the Mini T's: the bass output.
Sounded great in one showroom in Vancouver, not so good at another dealer in the Seattle area.
Too much bass at the latter with two different amps in two different rooms.
My room won't allow me to place them 3 to 4 feet from the wall

the Mini T's' perform remarkable in acoustic suspension mode (sealed box ),
Actualy in one of my setups it turn lately that I prefer using it like so since my BDP-2  joined the setups and brought up dynamics via BNC output to the stratosphere.
someone post a thread regarding the subject of room overloads and
James show us the SPL graphs and assure us it perfectly safe to sealed Bryston speakers.
I tried to give it a real tryout,and nothing (like  going the 23db gain) better it so far in this room.

The problem is I always did the A/B sealed vs ported as probably like many other
and fall to the common bias trap : more is better and less is not enough.

Well,It's not really like so when one don't do A/B in direct trial. ( think a bout it audiophiles )

This way after few hours or day or I got to understand that in one of my setups
The "more" was actual too much and less turn out fine and brought more details,nuance and
Less fatigue overall better dry hi fi feel compare to over lush/wet club loudness.

the nice thing about the Mini T's is that they not sound thin or washed out
In this sealed box mode,so it is recommended practice to try.

Itshak