BOT-1 as CD transport. How is the SQ for you?

docder

BOT-1 as CD transport. How is the SQ for you?
« on: 13 Feb 2016, 04:52 pm »
There seems little comment on the use of the BOT-1 and how listeners are responding to it as a CD transport/playback unit.  Is anyone using this way? I have my BOT-1 linked to BDP-1 and I'm using Chord Hugo or Metric Halo ULN-8 as DAC. I have to say, for playing back CDs BOT-1 is a stunner.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BOT-1 as CD transport. How is the SQ for you?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2016, 05:01 pm »
There seems little comment on the use of the BOT-1 and how listeners are responding to it as a CD transport/playback unit.  Is anyone using this way? I have my BOT-1 linked to BDP-1 and I'm using Chord Hugo or Metric Halo ULN-8 as DAC. I have to say, for playing back CDs BOT-1 is a stunner.

Yes I am really happy with the BOT CD playback as well and I think most customers see it mainly as a ripper but CD Playback is superb as well even if I do say so myself.

james

Norton

« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2016, 06:04 pm »
I have had  great results just using a Plextor drive rather than  a BOT.  A while back Chris seemed to  suggest that there were in fact 3 different playback options (Play, Prev and Next I think) , but I've never got the last two to work properly or understood how the three options differ.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2016, 08:13 am »
I'd assume that means "Play", skip to "next" song, and skip back to "prev"ious song?

bjski

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2016, 04:01 pm »
The sound quality is better than my BCD-1. I'm using the BOT going to my BDP-2,BDA-3. I had some issues at first and Chris help me resolve them. I have not tried BCD-1 going to my BDA-3.