FS. Quicksilver Silver 60 monoblocks - SOLD!

Ericus Rex

These monos were $2,500 new.  $1,100 is a screamin' good deal!

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Make a list of things you want to trade for.

Ericus Rex

Hi Blair,

I got your PM about modifying these.  I could not respond to it...everyone's having PM problems it seems.  Anyway, while I'm sure you could coax these to another level I currently own four amps so I'm looking to simplify my whole system.

I'm most interested in trades for full range speakers.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
If i didn't have a Quick silver MS-190 I would be all over this amp Wish i had something to trade. CRAZY GOOD PRICE. Was listing to the Quicksilver V4's and Mid mono's at Audio Connections on Friday Both fine amp's.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
They're classy amps!  :D

I've been thinking about speakers lately myself along two different paths: Magnepans & single driver. My VR2's great speakers, but I want to expand my setup.

Folks....he's asking a GOOOOOOOOD price! It's the truth.

Hope you find the right speakers!

There has to be someone out there who has a good pair of full range speakers who would like to do a swap.

Ericus Rex

I've been quite curious myself about single driver systems.  I wish I knew someone who'd lend me theirs for a bit.

Ericus Rex

Hi David,
I got your PM but can't reply.  Send me another with your email in it.

Thanks!

Ericus Rex

What about turntable trades?  Anybody?

Ericus Rex

Re: FS. Quicksilver Silver 60 monoblocks - $1,000 REDUCED AGAIN!!!
« Reply #28 on: 24 Aug 2009, 11:50 am »
Bump and price reduced yet again.

Big Red Machine

Is this the amp?

http://www.quicksilveraudio.com/history/S60Manual.pdf

Self biasing?  IEC's?

Ericus Rex

Yes, this is the manual for my amps.  The only difference is speaker connection.  My amps have the strip with C, 1, 4, and 8 Ohm connections.

Ericus Rex

...and yes, self-biasing and IEC power terminals...and the 12DW7 input/driver tube.

Big Red Machine

Is there an advantage with the 12DW7 tube vs. the original 12AT7 used in earlier models?

Ericus Rex

The tube differences are as such;  The 12AT7 is a twin triode whereas the 12DW7 is a dual triode so the two halves of the 12DW7 are not identical.  My guess is this tube lends itself better to serving two functions where differing voltage gains are required: like driver and input stages.  I can't say what the sonic differences, if any, are between the two tubes.  Anyone else have more info for BRM?