BP26 Failure

Wim J

Re: BP26 Failure
« Reply #20 on: 27 Sep 2017, 06:59 pm »
Your sense of time seems slightly flawed.

ok, slightly flawed means 1 month , 3 weeks.  I'm forced to use a surround receiver for the time being to listen to music,... that is higly flawed

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #21 on: 27 Sep 2017, 07:44 pm »
Most of the time 'distributors' are not very interested in working hard on any warranty work.
The USA Bryston guys might. But in a EU country I think Bryston costomers are not high on the list of folks they need to please.
The distributors may be sitting on it.
Why should THEY give a damn?
Maybe it is time for BRYSTON to light a match under their arse?

JakeJ

« Reply #22 on: 27 Sep 2017, 08:00 pm »
I brought the preamp BP26 and amp 3Bsst2 personally to my dealer and it was picked up 3 days later by the distributors sale rep. I don't think they shipped it back to Canada,... Since the output stage of the preamp was destroyed I also sent my poweramp, because it might be the cause of the problem. It was behaving strangely shortly before the bp26 failure. But, whether this was the cause or result of the burned circuit is unclear at this time. BeNeLux region is small, we are talking about a few hunderd miles max. between the borders. So 2 weeks shipping in each direction is .... a long time.

UPDATE: I received the message that Bryston will replace the whole PCB of the BP26. This failure seems very rare, and they probably want to investigate it and take no chances on the repair.
In my opinion the circuit board is also damaged because of the high temperatures,...

Bryston has to built the PCB on order, so it might take a while. So I was told,..

I'm sorry I am confused.  The first post I quoted is dated Sept 5, 2017.  The second is dated Sept 11, 2017.  Then today, Sept 27, 2017 you state it has been 2 months when it has been just over two weeks since you got an update, and were told it was going to be a while.  I'm guessing you are not on the North American continent and so may have to wait longer than normal to get a repair that is as catastrophic as this was.

Sorry to say Wim J, patience is going to be your ally on this.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2017, 09:49 pm by JakeJ »

JakeJ

« Reply #23 on: 28 Sep 2017, 01:09 am »
I think I understand what you mean by "2 months", Wim.  I went back to your original post and the date is Aug 9, 2017.  That is pretty close to 2 months since the failure occurred back then.  To be fair, and going by your posts, it was almost a month before you brought them in for service.  None of that matters because ultimately you are suffering without the BP 26 and using an AV receiver in the meantime.

Sorry for the bad luck, Wim J.  I have owned Bryston so I'm sure you will be happy in the end, and I hope that end comes soon.

JakeJ

Wim J

« Reply #24 on: 28 Sep 2017, 05:14 am »
...  To be fair, and going by your posts, it was almost a month before you brought them in for service...

??? I did bring the preamp myself to the dealer within a few days. After 1 month I posted an update on the information I received from Bryston. It is in repair for 7 weeks now. ! Seems a bit long for replacing the board inside, no?   :scratch:

srb

« Reply #25 on: 28 Sep 2017, 05:31 am »
It is in repair for 7 weeks now. ! Seems a bit long for replacing the board inside, no?

Yes, by at least 3 weeks.

doveman

« Reply #26 on: 28 Sep 2017, 11:43 am »
Most of the time 'distributors' are not very interested in working hard on any warranty work.
The USA Bryston guys might. But in a EU country I think Bryston costomers are not high on the list of folks they need to please.

I have to say I think that this is true from my experience, Bryston are very responsive, but if you're not in the US, it's upto the distibutor, and as you say, they aren't really interested in warranty work. Also I'm not in the EU, or the US.

Getting anything through, even clearly under warranty required months waiting, and numerous emails and phone calls for me, both with the distributor and the repairer.

But currently all my Bryston equipment is working well and I am happy.

I hope you get your BP-26 all sorted.

JakeJ

« Reply #27 on: 28 Sep 2017, 12:00 pm »
??? I did bring the preamp myself to the dealer within a few days. After 1 month I posted an update on the information I received from Bryston. It is in repair for 7 weeks now. ! Seems a bit long for replacing the board inside, no?   :scratch:

Yes, it is too long.  That is where I got off-track, the time between getting the unit in and getting the update, which I thought was only a few days.  My apologies.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #28 on: 28 Sep 2017, 03:24 pm »
Hi Wim,

I checked and the new board was ordered on September 5th, and we shipped it on the 12th.

So things should be back to normal soon.

james