NFL Football ('15 -'16)

twitch54

Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #140 on: 28 Nov 2015, 09:54 pm »
My 'piling on' with regard to the Eagles is mostly aimed at a large component of their fan base that is really quite clueless. FWIW, I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY, so my Super Bowl loss pain is far greater than theirs. But I constantly get ridiculed by Eagle fans, as if they ever 'won' anything. As I said in an earlier post, it's losing sport City (Flyers won last night, first win for a pro team this month !) hopefully someday they will rise from the ashes !

BTW, I've attended Eagles games in Franklin Field, so while I might not be as old as some, I'm certainly older than the majority of Eagles fans.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #141 on: 29 Nov 2015, 04:32 am »
None of that fanbase is reading your posts, there's only two of us here and neither one of us drank the koolaid.  I predicted 9-7, rodge predicted 7-9, both of us saying out of the playoffs.  Be mindful of your audience when you post.

I don't know who the Eagle fans you encounter are, but they're not indicative of Eagle fans throughout the Delaware valley.  No one here has any illusions of success and we really don't need someone from some other city talking trash about us, making a bunch of unfounded statements that serve no useful purpose.  It's an open forum and you can say what you want to within site guidelines, but you can't say these things unchallenged.  My previous statement stands.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #142 on: 29 Nov 2015, 06:11 am »
Yep.  Not fun being on the butt end of a bunch of trash talk.  Over the years, I've seen trash talk here about Cowboys, Giants, Bears, and probably a couple of other that I can't remember.  Several "pro" writers hyped the Eagles early as being an upper tier team, some hyped Dallas, so there was lots of colors of Kool Aid available.  So much of any particular teams success comes down to key injuries... except Belicheat.  He is in a class of his own, even if he has sold his soul to get there. 
Hey, and as bad as the Eagles are, and they are very bad, they still have more wins than my Cowboys- and early on I thought we had a real chance to be dominant in the second half of the season.  Oh well...

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #143 on: 29 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm »
I don't get the Bellicheat comments that continually resurface.
The New England Patriots are simply the best team in all of NFL history. Since 2000, they have won the Super Bowl 4 times in 6 appearances. And there is no evidence of cheating. Many theories exist about conspiracies and innuendo has superseded our customarily required evidentiary procedures in the press and the rumor mill. Nothing concrete has ever been presented however.
Supposedly Brady had an advantage in the first half of last year's ALCS game against the Indy Colts. Pagano whined and the media took it up. Roger Goodall made a Federal Case of the matter and has emerged with an omelette on his face - still he continues to waste money and other resources on his witch hunt. Why is so little consideration given to the fact that Brady came out in the second half after the officials had corrected the deflation advantage he supposedly enjoyed for the first 30 minutes and skewered the helpless Colts for 4 TDs? Does that make any sense to any of the accusers?
The videotaping scandal that occurred years ago was started by disgruntled former Pats coach, Eric Mangini, who proved subsequently to be quite embarrassingly unsuccessful once he left the Pats' family. It was later conceded that the filming was a common practice among NFL teams. For reasons never acknowledged, the Pats were singled out.
My personal opinion is that the Kraft team does not "play ball" with the NFL's ruling body and has been singled out for comeuppance. This has come in the form of bad publicity, loss of draft picks and huge fines, none of which have prevented the best team in football from continuing to dominate.
Tonight they will visit my Broncos in Mile High. By rights, they should get killed because of Denver's defensive prowess and the elation the team and fans feel over having moved beyond the handicap of watching Peyton Manning deliver advantages to the opponent on nearly every possession. NE's offense is minus their best running back and all but Brandon LaFell, Gronk, and a walk on receiver. In other words, a severely crippled offense. Still, I am wary of sly master on the other sideline, who has found a way to win more often than anyone else. And they appear to be Super Bowl bound again.
Read this and know the facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick

The 2007 Spygate confession speech was negotiated to avoid suspension. Instead Bill apologized and paid a half million dollar fine.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #144 on: 29 Nov 2015, 03:00 pm »
Damn.  For a group of guys that have sure dished it out in the past, everyone has gotten awfully thin skinned lately!
Let express myself perhaps in a different way.  Belichick pushes the limits of legality repeatedly.  He walks a thin line between searching an edge against his opponents and being in violation of ethical boundaries.  Having said that, he is absolutely the best coach currently working in pro football.  And I bet 31 teams would fire their coach in a heartbeat if they could hire him. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #145 on: 29 Nov 2015, 03:28 pm »
Damn.  For a group of guys that have sure dished it out in the past, everyone has gotten awfully thin skinned lately!
Let express myself perhaps in a different way.  Belichick pushes the limits of legality repeatedly.  He walks a thin line between searching an edge against his opponents and being in violation of ethical boundaries.  Having said that, he is absolutely the best coach currently working in pro football.  And I bet 31 teams would fire their coach in a heartbeat if they could hire him.
I can't substantiate any of the following observation but I'll go out on a limb and state that every multi-billion corporation pushes the limits of legality and morality every day in every way. NFL teams are no different. When the stakes are so high, self-restraint goes out the window. I'm not suggesting that this excuses any behavior but it certainly serves to motivate the participants toward success at any cost.

What's the line on tonight's game?

finsup

« Reply #146 on: 29 Nov 2015, 03:45 pm »
Believe the Pats are 3-point favorites.  The Broncos' D will need to have their best game of the season tonight, I think, if Denver is to have a chance to win.

Belichick is the best coach in the NFL today.  Success doesn't mean people have to like, or even admire him. Character use to count for something.  Not anymore today, it seems, at least in professional sports. All that matters is the win.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #147 on: 29 Nov 2015, 04:18 pm »
I don't think Belichick is the best coach, the record shows Tom Brady is the best quarterback.  Belichick has a record significantly under .500 without Brady under center.  A high tide raise all boats.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #148 on: 29 Nov 2015, 04:31 pm »
I don't think Belichick is the best coach, the record shows Tom Brady is the best quarterback.  Belichick has a record significantly under .500 without Brady under center.  A high tide raise all boats.
Plus Belichick was the head coach of the Jets twice and never registered a win either time.

twitch54

« Reply #149 on: 29 Nov 2015, 06:23 pm »
None of that fanbase is reading your posts, there's only two of us here and neither one of us drank the koolaid.  I predicted 9-7, rodge predicted 7-9, both of us saying out of the playoffs.  Be mindful of your audience when you post.

my observation / experience in general, not specific to anyone on this forum.

I don't know who the Eagle fans you encounter are, but they're not indicative of Eagle fans throughout the Delaware valley.  No one here has any illusions of success and we really don't need someone from some other city talking trash about us, making a bunch of unfounded statement

I'm willing to bet if you took a poll, Eagles fans (again 'in general') are the least respected in the NFL (boo'ed Santa, Judge, jury and jail set up in the old Vet, etc). FWIW, I was at the game that preceded all that (Giants, '86) and it was the most embarrassing football game I ever attended and yes Giants fans were part of the problem as well. Outside of Philly (where I've lived since the late sixties) I've been to 6 other stadiums and while ALL have their fair share of drunken morons I was never more embarrassed than the times when my boys were little and I took them to Eagles games in Phila. FWIW, back at the 'Ralph' in Bflo they have a 'family section', no alcohol and no admittance if you appear intoxicated and yes there are plenty of buffoons in Bflo too !

twitch54

« Reply #150 on: 29 Nov 2015, 10:45 pm »
Bills lose ………..again, counting the games till 'sexy Rexy' is gone…...

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #151 on: 30 Nov 2015, 01:26 am »
The Giants, what is the matter with them? 

finsup

« Reply #152 on: 30 Nov 2015, 01:06 pm »
Holy Comeback, Batman!  Broncs win.  Yes!!! :D

finsup

« Reply #153 on: 30 Nov 2015, 01:10 pm »
In the Brady era, Bill is the best coach.  He has shown time and again that he is far craftier than the opposing team's coach.  IMHO, a coach can hinder a great quarterback, ie. Reeves/Elway.

BTW, I do not like Belichick.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #154 on: 2 Dec 2015, 03:07 pm »
Heard the Eagles are just going to forfeit the rest of the season....

The Eagles are getting a new"officiating crew" next weekend against the Patriots. I wonder how the calls will be made against/for the Pat's/Eagles.

Should be interesting..

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #155 on: 3 Dec 2015, 08:12 pm »
Yeah, Pete Morelli's crew got demoted to the Pat's game after messing up real bad on that too many men on the field call last week and "looking generally clueless for 10 minutes".  Belichick said he didn't care.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/belichick-reacts-pats-getting-demoted-officiating-crew

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #156 on: 7 Dec 2015, 12:02 am »
Chiefs vs Raiders, crazy game......

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #157 on: 7 Dec 2015, 01:03 am »
Broncos did not exactly trounce the lowly Chargers today but they won, and in so doing, they moved ahead of the Patriots. Still ahead for them are Oakland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and San Diego again. If the Bronkies win 2 of those remaining games, they clinch their division. If they win out, they take over top seed in the AFC.

And you Philly guys will have to stop whining for a week. The Eagles flew high today. Meanwhile, the Giants lost as will either Washington or Dallas this week. You are back in the running.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #158 on: 7 Dec 2015, 01:31 pm »
As a fan of two teams it doesn't always work out, but this week it did.  My Steelers crushed the Colts, winning every facet of the game.  My Eagles should have crushed the Patriots scoring 35 unanswered points, but as they are the Eagles, they had to nearly give the game away at the end.  Letting the Pats March down and score, give up an onsides kick leading to a score, then fumbling the ball for a possible game tying score that didn't come to fruition because Lafell couldn't catch a pass.  Eagle fans can't even feel good about a win over the Patriots, they had too many lucky breaks to feel like they earned it.

twitch54

« Reply #159 on: 7 Dec 2015, 04:51 pm »
  Eagle fans can't even feel good about a win over the Patriots

They can 'feel' better than Bills fans …….. a win is a win in my book.

Lets see what happens this coming weekend @ The Link ……… Bills vs. Eagles. Bills pretty much need to win out to have a shot at post season.