scary wind in Wy .........

twitch54

gregcss

Re: scary wind in Wy .........
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2017, 06:23 pm »
Word is they ignored the trailer load warning and traveled with an empty trailer anyway. Glad no one was hurt.

Randy

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2017, 08:52 pm »
I live in Wyoming and the winds here have been brutal every time it warms up a bit. 60 - 70 m.p.h. gusts. Otherwise, it's been an awful winter, plenty cold and snowy.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2017, 12:23 am »
Link dont works for me, just found in YT, first time I have see this kind of weather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09sC4CyDQ1A
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2017, 05:31 am by FullRangeMan »

*Scotty*

« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2017, 04:13 am »
This kind accident with 18 wheelers, RVs and tractors towing double wide mobile home halves occurs several times a year along I 80 between Cheyenne and Rawlins. If you drive this stretch of interstate you will see the remains in the right of way on either side of the highway.
This roadside debris may be cleaned up more thoroughly now days than it used to be, it has been a few years since I regularly that drove that stretch of highway.
Basically any high profile vehicle is at risk as the winds frequently exceed 70 mph when a high wind warning is issued.
Scotty