barpclaw

« on: 18 Mar 2018, 03:54 am »
Hi all!

Wondering what to say about myself.  I guess I can start by saying I have been in audio a long time now.  Somewhere along the line, I changed from merely trying to get good sound out to hearing Toscanini recordings as well as they can be heard.

After many years and false starts, I think I am finally closing in.  And, yes, I probably am going deaf!

The heart of my system is a Garrard 401 in a heavy plinth (although I have a light one too, which also sounds excellent).  Both a SME III and  12" Temaad unipivot, which is awesome!  The SME III has 5 different arms for everything from a Decca Grey, the one I use most, to a Pickering XSV-3000, Ortofon and Shure arm/cartridges and more.  The Temaad right now has a Benz Glider.  Musical Concepts Hafler 101 is the preamp getting me within 10 yards of the goal (i had been at midfield for a long time).  Then, Klipsch Cornwalls, leaving me several pairs of speakers to use elsewhere and a Nakamichi Stasis receiver (using amp only) to drive this.

In my small room, this works unbelievably well.

Looking forward to reading, learning and maybe contributing something useful in this group.

Cheers!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2018, 04:01 am »
Welcome Barpclaw :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2018, 12:05 pm »
Welcome!

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2018, 01:41 pm »
Howdy

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2018, 05:10 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC barpclaw      :thumb:  Built a Hafler 101 back in the day, had a factory 110 as well. Always liked their sound.  8)

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2018, 06:39 am »
Welcome to Audio Circle.  Hope to see more posts from you in the future!